Chapter 1

The rays of sunlight hit the calm waters of the lake, causing it to glisten and sparkle. The fish swam peacfuly through the water. The soft chirping sounds of birds filled my ears. A gentle breeze of wind ran across my skin, causing me to shiver. Everything was very soothing.
High up in a tree there i sat, in a pair of shorts and a crop top; with my hair in a bun.

3...
2...
1...

And i went crashing into the water below. The sound of the crash echoed throughout the forest, startling the animals .
My head hit the tops of the water as i came out gasping for air, my laughter filling the space around. The water wasnt really deep, it was able to reach just above my shoulders so only my head was sticking out.

The weather today was great, not to sunny nor to cloudy, which is why i decided to come here. It also beats sitting around at home all day. And plus who would want to stay at home when you've finally finshed school?

A group of fish swam across from me, giving me an idea. I went back towards the shore, water sliding down my body as i made my way to the blanket i had laid out. There was a picnic basket set. I took out a container that was full of finger sandwhiches. Dumping out the continents from the container i wraped the food in napkins, and took the now empty container back to the lake.

I went in an area with lots of fishes and dipped the container into the water and waited. Soon a group of fish were swiming over the dish. Quickly i lift it out of the water, catching a fish.

I just got a pet fish!

Once i was changed and everything was all packed, i made my way towards my car, loaded everything in and headed off to the pet store to get a tank and some fish food.

                                                                 ⚜️⚜️⚜️

I watched Aegir as he  swam around his tank. Turns out he's a Crown Tail Male Betta Fish. His scales are bright jewel toned colors, a collection of tails were around his body. i love him, hes adorible.

The time read 5:30 and my parents should be getting home around seven. I decided to go and make myself a snack. I didnt bother to make them anything because their at a friends house, so they most likely already ate.
Once my jelly filled bagel was ready i took it with me to the livingroom and started to look for something to watch.

One bagel, two cups of apple juice, and three epiasodes of whatever it is im watching, later; i hear the front door open. The sound of my parent footsteps echoed throught the house, and into where i sat.

" How was your little get together?" i ask. my dad removes his coat and throws it on the couch then plops down besides me.

" It was good" mom answers. she gives me a kiss on the head then proceeds up the stairs to remove her makeup and get into some comfortable clothes.

" How was the lake?" dad asks as he takes the remote and begins serfing through the channels.

" Great" i answer him, " got myself a pet fish"

" Oh really? Did you get everything for it or do you want to go to the store tomarrow ."

" No i already got everything, thanks." he nods and settels on some talk show. I zooned out for a bit, only coming back upon hearing my name being called. Going upatairs i enter my parents bedroom, mom was there siting on their bed, in some pajamas, tying here red hair back into a low ponytail.

" I need you to go to the store and get me a few things." she says once she spots me."I forgot to get them on the way here."

" yeah sure" i nod.

" theres a list on the deresser and some money there." i take the list and cash, and change into some jeans and a hoodie.

" hey dad wheres the pepper spray?" i ask making my way into the living room.

" its in the table drawer next to the door." I went ahead and took it out. " Take the pocket knife also, if your going to walk" i hear him say

" ok" I shout to him, taking out the knife and stuffing the spray into my hoodie pocket and the knife into my jeans. I never leave the house wihout some sort of protection. theres no telling what could happen, i just never feel safe alone at night.

But tonight it seemed quite peacful. Stars embedded into the black night bring beauty to one another, as only complementary opposittes ever can. The moon was a warm milky glow in the sky, as if the sight of it could become a song in the eyes of anyone willing to raise their head upward.
The door closed behind me with a soft click, as i made my way into the night.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Word count: 871

What's your favorite thing to do in the summer?
I like going to the beach the most.

Rewritten .

Vote
Comment
Share
Enjoy