Chapter 2 ~ A Study in Pink (Pt. 1)

((Easton's POV))

It was now the next day, Sherlock and I were in a cab, and we're driving to Baker Street to our flat, to meet John there.

It was 7:00 pm now and when we finally got there, the cab driver parked and I tipped him, and we got out the car. Seeing John standing there by the door, about to knock.

"Ah! Mr. Holmes, Mr. Parker!" John said. Sherlock and John shook hands.

"Sherlock, please. And Easton." Sherlock said, John looked around.

"Prime spot. Got to be expensive." John said as Sherlock rung the door bell.

"Mrs. Hudson, the landlady. She’s giving me a special deal. Owes me a favour. Few years ago, her husband got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out." Sherlock said.

I sighed a little, fiddling with my fingers. John raised an eyebrow at Sherlock, "You stopped her husband being executed?"

"No, I ensured it." Sherlock replied.

I looked down at the ground, I didn't get any sleep last night, I was scarred that I would get another nightmare, so I wouldn't worry Sherlock by my bloody screaming in terror.

It happened once, he just rubbed my back as I was sitting up and hyperventilating in a paper bag.

The door opened, revealing Mrs. Hudson, "Sherlock! Easton!" She said, giving Sherlock and I a hug.

"Mrs. Hudson, Dr. John Watson." Sherlock introduced John to her.

We walked inside the building, Mrs. Hudson gave me a concerned look, "Easton, are you alright, you look tired!" She said.

"Oh, I'm fine." I replied, she nodded and we all walked upstairs to the apartment flat.

We walked inside the flat, I moved over to my dark gray chair that was right next to the red chair, my chair was closer to the fireplace.

The room is fairly large and pleasant,  but a little messy of stacks of newspapers, several computers, a tumble of box files along the shelves, books everywhere, a collection of what look like weapons, a human skull on the mantlepiece.

Than a, adjoining, kitchen, the table crammed with testubes, jars and bunsen burners. Down the hall of the kitchen was the three bedrooms and one bathroom, at the end of the hallway in the middle was Sherlock's room.

Then to the right of Sherlock's was my room, then across from me will be John's, if he wants to move in, then next to John's room is the bathroom.

"Um, very nice indeed." John said.

"Yes, indeed." Sherlock said.

Sherlock started to quickly, sort of, straighten things up, handing me a pile of newspapers. I noticed John looking at the human skull.

"It's a skull.." John said, Sherlock looked at it.

"Friend of mine. Well I say friend." I said and dropped the newspapers on the desks.

John's eyebrows raised but I didn't mind the look. Sherlock was cleaning a little while Mrs. Hudson talked to John.

I looked at the newspaper a noticed, three suicides.. "Sherlock, what about these three suicides that has been happening recently." I said.

"Four.." Sherlock said as he looked out the window.

"Four.." I repeated then noticed what was happening when we hear foot steps coming up the stairs.

We all turned our heads, seeing Lestrade walking in, "Where?" Sherlock asked.

"Brixton. Lauriston Gardens." Lestrade replied.

I had a feeling hit me, I leaned on the desk, crossing my arms, "What’s different about this one?" I asked, "You wouldn’t have come to get us if there wasn’t something new."

"You know how they leave notes?" Lestrade said, Sherlock and I nodded, "This one did. Will you come with me?"

Sherlock just looks at him. Tempted now, and interested, "Who’s on Forensics?" Sherlock asked.

"Anderson." Lestrade replied.

"Anderson won’t work with me." Sherlock said, "He's fine with Easton though."

"He won’t be your assistant."

"But I need another assistant, not just one." Sherlock said, glancing over at me.

"Will you come then?" Lestrade asked.

"Not in a police car. I’ll be right behind you."

"Thank you!" Lestrade then left.

John was thunderstruck! Mrs. Hudson just looks faintly, knowing. Until Sherlock lets out a whoop of excitement.

"Brilliant!" He whooped, as he leaped over the couch, "It's brilliant, East!" He whooped, picking me up, lifting me off my feet.

"Woah--!" I said anxiously and in shock. Sherlock does this all time when he's excited about a investigation, he'll always pick me up and spin me around.

Sherlock was spinning me around, he set me down, I tumbled a little, feeling a little dizzy. Sherlock dashes to his desk, and starts stuffing things in his pockets, his kit.

"And I thought it was going to be a
boring evening. Serial suicides, and now a note!" Sherlock said as he did so, "Oh, it’s Christmas!"

Sherlock grabbed my arm then dashes for the door.

"Mrs. Hudson, we'll be late, might
need some food!" Sherlock said.

"I’m your landlady, dear, not your
housekeeper!" Mrs. Hudson replied.

"Something cold is fine. John make yourself at home, have a cup of tea Don’t wait up!" Sherlock said, putting on his trench coat, while I put on my jacket too.

We then left the flat. Sherlock dragged me down the stairs, "Sherlock! Slow down! I.. N-Non voglio cadere? Uhhh." I said, forgetting how to say...

"Oh, its 'I don't want to fall' East. We really have to work on your english a little more."

"Yeah, I know.." I said, Sherlock smiled at me as he opened the door. He ruffled up my hair and we walked off. I fixed up my hair while Sherlock called for a cab.

John came outside, wanting to join us, we let him come with. And we got in the cab...