fifteen ✰

"What, Rafe," I seethed, venom dripping from my mouth. The blue-eyed boy shrunk back at my tone. I turned away from the boy, once again grabbing the bottle of vodka, swallowing another cringe-worthy gulp. He swiftly took the bottle from my hands as I whined in protest.

"How much of this have you had," he asked me, concern littered across his face.

"Why the fuck does it matter," I told the boy, reaching over the start the car. The tall boy pulled my arm away from the car's ignition with a stern "stop."

"Marls, what's wrong," he asked me softly. In reality, I wanted to forget everything that happened in the last few hours. I turned to fully face him. Wrapping my legs around his waist pulling his hips flush with mine, I reached forward, grabbing the boy by his collar pulling his face towards mine. I attached our lips, softly biting his lip. He wasn't reacting to me so I slowly moved my hands from his shoulders and lowered them down his torso as I ground my hips into his.

"Marls, stop, you're drunk," he said hoarsely, grabbing my hands to stop their downward movement. He pulled away from me, unhooking my legs from his body, I whined at the loss of contact but red hot anger flashed through me as I remembered why I was here.

"Isn't this how you wanted me," I exploded on the older boy, "I'm sure as hell my most vulnerable right now, Rafe Cameron." His face turned a sheer white at my comment, obviously not knowing I'd heard his conversation.

"You want to get back at the pogues, well good job. You hurt one," I continued, tears welling. I quickly turned away my chin trembling like the small child I'm treated as. I turned my focus to the moonlight, hoping it would soothe me in some way.

Rafe's hand grasped my trembling chin causing me to suck in a breath. He turned me to look at him, but I avoided the baby blues as if they were a plague. They were. A plague in my mind that somehow made me forget everything and go against all I knew.

"Marls, look at me," he begged me. When I finally looked into the eyes I wanted to curse, I saw tears in his eyes as well. I couldn't help myself from falling into his arms, despite every bone in my body telling me not to. Maybe it was the vodka, or maybe it was just me being naive but I knew at that moment this boy needed me as much as I needed him.

"Why'd you do it," I whispered to him. Rafe pulled me out of the car, my legs wrapping around his waist as he replaced himself in the seat I was originally in. I pulled my face out of his chest, looking directly into his eyes.

"It's-," he stuttered out before pausing, running his hands down his face, "figure eight, it sucks."

"Everyone has this set standard for you and if you don't follow it you get shunned away," I looked at the stressed look on his face, "none of what I said was true, Peanut." I gave the boy a 'really' look, seriously doubting him.

"You don't understand, Mar," he started, "what don't I understand, explain it to me," I cut the boy off. He sighed as he looked down at me. I adjusted our position, resting my forehead against his, cupping his cheeks, "tell me what's wrong."

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you this," the boy deflected, pointing to the discarded alcohol bottle. It was my turn to sigh as I sunk into the boy's chest, my ear resting above his heart listening to the melodic rhythm. Suddenly, soberer than I was when he arrived, I laughed at the situation I'd been thrown into within the last week.

"Why are you laughing," the boy chuckled at my weird behavior. I leaned up to look at the boy, my back now resting gently against the steering wheel as both my legs sat at the sides of his.

"This is so fucked," I told him, still laughing. He looked at my expression before bellowing out laughs of his own.

"You're telling me this," he said between laughs. I listened to the boys laughs, his real ones, not the ones he hid behind his anger or his kook prestige, the childish ones where he hiccups every one in a while or where a little snort comes out. Rafe stopped laughing when he realized I had stopped to admire him. He looked into my eyes for the umpteenth time that night.

"What," he asked me. I smiled at the boy before wrapping my arms around his neck, my head fitting perfectly in the spot between his neck and shoulder.

"Thank you," I said, "tonight was really hard and you helped me," I nuzzled myself further into the boy as he held me tight. I felt his lips meet my hair as he placed a soft kiss on my head.

"Anything for you, Peanut."

_____________



a/n:

i totally didn't cry writing this cuteness.

i need a man like rafe in my life

who do y'all think i am haha