𝐬𝐢𝐱

"No need to be embarrassed bud. I know I'm irresistible," I internally smiled to myself seeing the blush on the boy's face. Rafe Cameron had a shocked look on his face but quickly recovered but the redness on his cheeks didn't fade away. I smirked at the sight and reached over to pat the older boys' cheek.

"So, Powerpuff girl," I started, "since I ruined your plans what are we doing after this." Rafe rolled his eyes at my nickname, causing me to laugh. He reached out, grabbing my hand for the second time today pulling me off the blanket.

"Let's go on a walk," he told me pulling me down the beach with him. The tide was calmer today but was still pretty rampant. I noticed the pike a bit further down the beach and I took off running, letting go of the boy's hand.

"Bambi, where are you going," Rafe yelled running after me. I laughed as I saw him running after me.

"Catch me if you can, Cameron," I yelled, still laughing. The boy's typical glare was replaced with a childish grin as he started to run after me down the beach. I was only a few feet ahead of him as I quickly turned and somehow ran straight into the boy, tripping over my own feet.

"Woah, there, Speedy," my stomach dropped when he caught me, his large hands gripping my hips. It was a pure moment of deja vu, it was also one of the most intimate positions I'd been in, and for some reason, I wasn't uncomfortable.

Rafe looked into my eyes for the second time today, leaning in closer. As he drew near, my eyes started to flutter close. His face was a millimeter from mine when I realized what was happening. My better judgment finally returning as I turned my head and his lips met my cheek. His eyes shot open at the feeling of my cheek. Both of us had a dark red blush adorning our face.

His hands hastily left my hips as he stepped away from me. Both of us stood there awkwardly, me looking down as my feet pushed around the sand around and him scratching the back of his neck. I guiltily peaked over as his arms flexed through his shirt. As I was doing so, he caught me causing my face to blush once again.

"No need to be embarrassed, Doll," he said cockily moving towards me once again, "I know I'm irresistible," he copied my words from earlier. I turned again and ran away from the older boy. The pike was directly in front of where we stood so I jumped up onto it.

"Come on, Powerpuff girl," I yelled back at the boy who still stood in the same spot. He smirked at me before running to meet me. I started walking down the long cement slab as he strode into step beside me.

"Let's play a game of 20 questions," I offered, looking up at the boy from my short stature.

"Okay, but me first," he said to me. I nodded in acceptance of the offer, "why did you come?" The boy seemed nervous at the question he asked me, his hands fiddling with the rings on his fingers. I looked over at him in confusion, why would Rafe Cameron care if I came with him or not?

"I only know what my friends have told me about you," I told him, both of us stopping, "but I want to be able to form my own opinion on people."

I looked into the boy's eyes seeing an unfamiliar glint that I'd yet to see before, "thank you," he whispered to me. I cut off the moment not wanting another repeat of earlier.

"So Rafe Cameron, why am I here," I asked him, starting to walk further down the pike. He followed a few steps behind me, contemplating his answer.

"I guess for a similar reason as to why you're here," he concluded. I turned back to see him looking at me nervously, deciding now was a perfect time to mess with the boy.

"Or because you're in love with me," I told him. He looked at me in shock before moving towards me.

"Yeah, right, Bambi," he said bumping my shoulder. I teetered from the bump as Rafe kept walking forward not realizing his doing. Finally losing my balance, I fell into the water below. For the split second I was submerged I decided to continue playing with the boy.

"Rafe," I yelled, feigning a dramatic tone, "I can't swim." I moved my body back under the current as I heard the boy mutter curse words to himself. A split second later, he was in the water with me. Grabbing me around the waist and hoisting me back above the water. As we broke through the surface, I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Are you serious, Marley," the boy said, realizing what had happened and was now angered at my antics.

"Come on, I got you good," I said swimming out of his grip. I turned back to face him only to be flicked in the face with a stream of water.

"It's on Powerpuff girl," I yelled, splashing him back.

"Oh, really, Bambi. Give me your best shot," he retorted cockily. I launched myself towards him with a stream of water as an intense war broke out. I continued to splash the boy and once close enough, I gripped his shoulders, effectively dunking him in the ocean.

Rafe grabbed me as he came back above the surface, picking me up as if I was weightless and tossed me to the side. Launching me into the water again, I flailed around before I landed in the water. Once I was back above the surface I turned to him.

"That one wasn't fun," I pouted at him, "I can't do that to you." Rafe laughed at the sad look on my face, pulling me with him back towards the shore.

"Come on, Bambi. You hungry," he asked me. I nodded my head as we walked back towards the blanket, luckily no seabirds had gotten to it. Before sitting down, I stripped from my clothes, laying them on a piece of driftwood to dry. Left in my bikini, I turned to see Rafe looked around awkwardly, anywhere but me in fact. The boy had also stripped from his shirt but threw it in a clump on the ground next to him.

"Eat up," he said, handing me a sandwich as I sat down next to him, slightly closer than where I sat earlier. I was becoming more comfortable with the boy but still, my friend's opinions weighed heavily in my head. What was I not seeing, I questioned myself as I took a bite of the sandwich.

I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my throat as I swallowed my first bite. Suddenly realizing what I'd just done, I threw the sandwich away from me.

"I didn't poison it, Bambi and it can't be that bad," Rafe said at my reaction.

"Rafe, I'm allergic to peanuts," I told him panicked, already feeling the reaction start. The older boy laughed at me thinking I was messing with him once again.

"Very funny, Bambi. You're not getting me this time," he said before meeting my eyes again only to see the panicked look in my eyes and the redness in my face.

"Oh, fuck," Rafe said realizing I wasn't joking. Oh, fuck indeed Rafe Cameron.

______________



A/N!

hi friendsssss

how's it going
are we doing well

how'd we like this??

who do you think i am (i also wrote chapter 2 btw) ?!?