60: Fiancé

Depuis le début

"Nina, mi amor, this isn't your fault. What happened wasn't your fault," he cooed standing up, still holding her hand. He walks over to her upper body to pull her into another hug as she cried. "Don't apologize, Nina. This isn't  your fault," he says to her softly as he rubbed up and down her arm.

The sudden flash of memory of that night began to race in her mind. Being surrounded by the counter. The amount of guns pointed at her. The amount of hits she had to make and take. Her body going cold by the corner of the store.

"I was so scared when they all pulled their guns on me but I know I couldn't give into it, it'll just make things worse for me," she sobbed into him. "When Marcus told me the truth about Tony something in me just snapped but then when he started walking away he told them to... t-to..." Nina couldn't even finish.

They were gonna touch her. Marcus said to make sure it was going to hurt. Make sure this wasn't going to be something she would forget. A message for Spooky and Los Santos to never mess with the Prophet$ ever again.

Oscar's eyes grew wide with anger understanding what Nina was implying.

"He gave them the green light to touch you?" his voice was suddenly so low as he composed his boiling anger. When Nina nodded slowly, he balled his fists until his knuckles turned white. As Nina sobbed even more Oscar had put those angry feelings a side.

"I tried to make a run for the door so many times but they kept coming at me. I was angry and scared and the adrenaline was just putting me on my feet. For a moment I thought my mind just blacked out cos I didn't even know I could do those things," she continued with a sniff.

"The only thing that kept coming into my mind was Victoria, the twins, and you. I didn't wanna go, especially not like that. I wanted to come home so badly," she cried clutching on to Oscar's hand tightly. "A part of me was just thinking that this was a nightmare and I was going to wake up with you holding me. And you'd tell me everything was okay."

"I never thought I could hurt all those people. It was so unlike me. I thought I was gonna lose you. I thought I was gonna lose all of you. I thought I was gonna die that night," she whimpered as her hand started to shake. Her breathing was heavy but the weight on her body made it too difficult to catch a breath without her wincing.

"And in that process I lost our baby. We didn't even get a chance to find out about it ourselves," she croaked out as more and more tears kept coming.

"I feel like I keep hurting you, Oscar. I don't wanna keep hurting you. I love you so much and I feel like I keep hurting you," she shut her eyes tight as she continued to cry. Oscar took the chair to sit closer to her.

"Hey. Baby, baby, look at me. Please," he pleaded cupping her cheek so Nina could look into his eyes. "You gotta understand what happened wasn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself for what happened. You did what you needed to do stay alive. You did what you needed to do to get out and come home to your family."

He spoke with such urgency and stress. He was angry at what they did and of course he was hurt with what happened. But he was hurting more seeing Nina take the blame for everything that had happened when she shouldn't. There were things he could've done too. Nina didn't deserve to take on all the blame.

"Nina, I love you. There's nothing you could do to hurt me," he assured wiping her tears away with his thumb. "We're a team. Don't take all of this and put on you. Each time you're hurting, I'm hurting too. You're a strong girl, Nina. The more you think about it like this, you're just gonna keep hurting yourself."

"And I know it sucks and I know it hurts but let me help you. I'm gonna be with you this entire time. I'm not going anywhere. ¿Me entiendes, amor?" he asked softly and Nina nodded slowly as a reply. "And what did I say about apologizing?"