p a u s e

Kawahira-san wasn't back yet. She remembered him telling her he had business to do and that she could explore the place. She asked if it was fine. He explained that the shop was closed for the day so there was no need to worry.

Yua, however, didn't leave her room. Before she met the kind man people would often manipulate her in many different ways. Gaining her trust was just one way to do it. She was afraid that once she left the room she would trust him even more. She didn't want to be betrayed again.

Admittedly, Yua did feel like a terrible person. She wanted to fully trust him but-

She snapped herself out of those thoughts. Kawahira-san is a good man! She shouldn't worry about betrayal.

The young girl slapped her cheeks and began to head towards the shoji.

What did she expect?

The place was a normal-looking shop. A sigh slipped passed her lips. In all honesty, she loved the look of the place. There were various amounts of furniture ready to be sold. Everything a clean; spotless.

The fact that it was so clean and neat gave her anxiety. Yua froze, Kawahira-san told her not to make a big mess out of things, if she can.

Remembering what the stoic man told her made her even more terrified.

On an impulse, she dashed towards the traditional doors and slammed them shut. It took a couple of seconds to realize what she had just done.

She saw people strolling, chatting, overall just socializing.

She immediately turned around, except the shop wasn't there anymore. A brick wall took place instead. Yua panicked, she gawked all around, hoping to find any signs of the once quiet shop.

Yua honestly felt like crying. She had lost the only safe space she had. She would probably end up back with them. And that thought frightened her. She wanted to go back. She didn't want that special warmth to disappear along with the shop.

Maybe she wandered off without realizing it. Though it was most likely not the answer, she just wanted something to hope for. Even if it would destroy her in the end.

---

Tsuna, Gokudera, and Yamamoto were all headed to the nearby arcade.

Tsuna wondered where Reborn was. A part of Tsuna knew that he was probably watching his every move and will make his appearances soon. He just hoped that part was wrong.

"DON'T WALK WITH JUUDAIME!" Shouted and angry teen. His emerald eyes blazed with anger, his shoulders were tense and a stick of dynamite was gripped tightly in his hand. His glare solely focused on the tall teen next to him.

The aforementioned teen just laughed off Gokudera's hostility. His hazel eyes were filled to the brim with mirth.

"Maa Hayato! We're all friends aren't we Tsuna?" Those simple words caused Gokudera to blow up. He was about to bomb the teen when he heard his precious boss call out to him.

"G-Gokudera! Calm down!" Tsuna yelled a bit panicked. After hearing Tsuna, Gokudera calmed down. This caused Yamamoto to laugh, What shocked Tsuna was that Gokudera ignored Yamamoto and didn't go ballistic. Tsuna glanced at the silver-haired teen, he could be sworn he could have seen dog ears and a happily waving tail on the teen.

While they were walking the two taller teens went back to arguing; more like one-sided fighting but that was beside the point. Tsuna was thinking about Kyoko-chan and other things when he saw a little girl in a pink sweatshirt. Her hair was black and her eyes were greyish blue. She seemed to be lost.

Tsuna wondered if he should try to help the girl.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not uploading in a bit... I made the chapter longer than usual so I hope you enjoyed it. Stay safe and have a great day!