a n o t h e r

The young girl stared at the man in front of her. She seemed to be healthier than before, which was nice. However, she was a bit terrified. She had met her fair share of unsavory people in the past and hoped he wasn't one of them. The fact that he was staring at her with an emotionless face made her more nervous.

The man, on the other hand, stared at the child with a bit of amusement, the girl was obviously afraid of him yet she stood her ground and kept eye contact with him. It wouldn't exactly be a lie if he said he likes humans like the one in front of him; brave. Though sometimes bravery does get annoying.

"U-Umm, sir?" A soft voice called out. Kawahira kept starting at the girl, waiting for her to finish.

"Thank you for treating me but, " the dark-haired girl shifted her gaze as if trying to figuring out where she was. She looked straight back at the elder man, confidence hidden in her eyes.

"Where am I?"

"You're in my humble home." He said nonchalantly, drinking from a cup of tea. The girl wondered where it came from but pushed the thought aside.

"Oh, well, what's your name?" The girl questioned nervously.

"Shouldn't you introduce yourself first?" The girl flinched. His voice was emotionless or at least that's was what the girl thought.

"Oh yeah, um, my name is Yua..." The young child became even more nervous, her stare was faltering. Her eyes began to shake. Kawahira saw this, he didn't question the fact that she didn't have a last name to introduce.

"You can call me Kawahira." He gave a polite smile to the girl which she returned with a slightly nervous smile.

"Kawahira-san, " the girl started off, Kawahira could sense her uneasiness returning. Though the child still kept a firm gaze on him, he internally smiled at the sight.

"A-Are you going to let me stay here?"

(Another chapter done. I hope it isn't too bad. I can't wait to post the next chapter soon. Thank you for reading, bye!)