𝕆𝕟𝕖

"I swear to God if you touch her..."

Seyeon watched her father while sitting in front of the stage. Her eyes wide with anticipation of even a mere glance from the older man. But to no avail.

Of course he had some business talk during her award ceremony. He always did.

"And the highest grades from the Christmas assessments last week, goes to," the principal looked around before meeting eyes with Seyeon, who looked back with a keen expression. "Lee Seyeon!" She announced, stepping back from the mic to clap with the rest of the crowd.

The rest of the crowd was clapping, everyone but her own father, who spoke at the back of the loud gymnasium to someone Seyeon didn't even know.

She stood from her seat, exchanging smiles with her friends and acquaintances, before making her way to stage left.

She ascended the staircase, a fake grin plastered onto her face as she eyed the man in the back, who showed no sign of recognition having not heard his daughter's achievement.

Why bother coming dad?

She shook the principal's hand while gratefully receiving the certificate with all her information and the award name on it.

"Thank you Miss," she happily bowed, smiling genuinely when the principal winked at her encouragingly.

"What was that about?" Seyeon huffed, slamming the car door behind her while buckling her seatbelt angrily. The damn thing just wouldn't work for her.

"Hmmm?"

She looked up, face red from rage as her father acted dumb. Letting a scoff out, she looked out the window, shoving the certificate towards him and watching his reflection for a reaction.

"That's great sweetie. Mum will be overjoyed. A shame she couldn't come," he gently stated, starting the engine up and passing the paper back to the younger girl.

"And what do you think dad? Are you happy fo me?" He hummed as a response, glancing at the phone where an incoming message was before placing the device down between himself and his daughter.

She felt the tears well up in her eyes as her father showed no happiness whatsoever.

"Whatever," she mumbled, fixing her gaze to the window where the snowflakes danced to the floor prettily. "That's the last time I work that hard for you," she continued, knowing that he wasn't even listening.

Swallowing the bitter taste of hatred, she tuned into the radio, humming softly to the song that played, deciding that she just wouldn't take her fathers lack of care to heart.

The snow increased in thickness and harshness as they pulled up to the house, seeing the lights shine from inside the coated house.

"Home sweet home."

Ignoring her fathers ironic and untrue words, Seyeon opened the door, pulling her coat in closer, desperate for any form of heat.

"It's just where I live. Not home."