Chapter 21

Kenzie POV:

Time gap: 1,5 week

The past few days nothing really happened. I made breakfast for the boys everyday, ofcourse. Bryce and I didn't do much together. We went to the hype house with all of the boys a few times. We didn't really go anywhere else. I slept, a lot. School starts in 3 days but we'll have online classes, corona. It's not a great way to start my college years but it's better than nothing. Its Thursday now and Nick and I are having a day together. We've done that every few months since we were children. Nick and i didn't really get the opportunity to talk about me and Bryce yet, so I'll try to get him to open up to me. It's 11am right now and Nick's waiting for me. I'm putting on a comfortable outfit. It looks something like this:

The shirt that I put around my waist is Bryce's, we haven't made our relationship public yet, but we're dropping a few hints so if I come across paparrazzi people will start to pick up the hints

The shirt that I put around my waist is Bryce's, we haven't made our relationship public yet, but we're dropping a few hints so if I come across paparrazzi people will start to pick up the hints. "Kenz hurry up you're fucking slow" I hear Nick yell from downstairs. "On my way" I say as I let my hair down and run downstairs. I put my vans on and ran over to Nick. "I'm done" I say as I push him over. "Let's go" he says as he grabs our bags. We're having a picknick as always, it's the best. I run over to Bryce. "I'm leaving now" I say as I give him a kiss. "Tease" he whispers as I break the kiss. I get in the car with Nick and we go to the nearest park. He's getting us to a park wich is usually filled with elder people, so we can eat in peace. We're jamming onto my music as Bryce calls me. "Hey whats up" I say as I try to figure out what he says. "Tonight? A little last minute isn't it? Yeah that's fine by me. byebye" It was a short phone call, Bryce was nervous. "What was that all about?" Nick asks me as we pull up at the park. "I'm meeting his mom" I reply. We take our bags out of the trunk and we choose a spot to put our cloth on the grass. I stall out all of the food and lay down. "We'll have to have the Bryce talk sooner or later" I say as I squeeze my eyes trying to see Nick's facial expression. "What do you mean?" he says as he sits down next to me. "Well I know you didn't like us together, is that still the case or has it changed since you came back?" I ask him as I sit back up. When I have conversations like this I can never manage to sit still. "I still don't trust Bryce-" Nick says and tears start to form in my eyes. His opinion is so important to me. "But I've never seen him with a girl the same way he's with you" he continues. I feel ro relieved. "I really love that guy Nick" I reply. "I believe that, he just has a bad past." he says to me trying to prove his point. "Okay let's act like you never knew him, like you don't know a thing about his past. Would you trust him then? Just from how he's been with me" I say. "You make him a different person Kenz, the way he looks at you, like he sees his future in your eyes." he replies opening a bottle of coke. "So you'd trust him?" I ask continueing my sentence. "Yeah I think so" he says as he takes a sip. "Well what a good thing that the past's in the past then!" I say as I grab the chocolate chip cookies. We hang out for a little while and drive back home. "Bryceee where u at" I yell hoping to hear something. "Room" he yells back. I run up to his room and jump onto his bed. "How was the picknick?" he asks as he pulls me onto his lap."It was great actually. Nick is starting to trust you with me" I say as I wrap my arms around his neck. "You're a real superhero" he says as he leans in. Ofcourse I kiss him and we make out. We couldn't do anything since we're meeting his mom in a bit. "What should I wear?" I ask him as I run to his closet to pick him an outfit. "Whatever you want. I like this one. Your butt looks good in it." he says as he smirks. "You dirty minded perv" I say as I throw some clothes in his face. i run to my room and rush my makeup on. It's 5 and we were meeting his mom at 5:30. I finish my makeup within 15 minutes and that's a record. I run back to Bryce's room. "You look fine" I say as I smack his ass. "It's because you chose my outfit" he says as he puts on perfume."You do perfume?" I ask him as I spray some on my wrist. "Deffo" he replies walking over to his shoes. "I didn't know it did that" I say as I put the perfume back from where he got it from. Condoms. Condoms right next to his perfume. He didn't get that while we were in a relationship. Who were these for? Were these for Addison? I'm probably overreacting. "Okay babe lets go" he says as he gets out of his room. I follow him to his car and he drives over to his moms. It's only like 5 minutes away so we were just in time. "Bryce honey!!!" His mom was already standing outside waiting for us. She gives him a hug and looks at him up and down. "You're way too skinny, isn't she making you food?" she asks looking at me. "She's the one who gives me food" he replies as he signals me to come to them. "Hi ms. Hall" I say as I give her a hug. "You're skinny too! But you really are beautiful, just like Bryce said." she says winking at me. "Thank you! I'm not as skinny though" I say as I point to my thighs. Bryce's eyes open wide and I'm scared I might've triggered his mom. His mom walks in front of us as we get in. Bryce puts his hand over my shoulders and whispers in my ear. "You have nothing to be insecure about please never try to change yourself." he says. I feel so wholesome. "You're amazing"I reply as we get to the dinner table. "You guys were just in time so the food's already on the table" his mom says as she sits down on my opposite. "It looks delicous ms. Hall" I say as I look at what she made. She made us some fettucine alfredo with a lot of cheese and it looked like THE meaning of a guilty pleasure. "It tastes good too" Bryce says as he fills his whole mouth with food. I take a bite and feel like I'm in heaven. "It really does taste amazing" I say as I clean the cheese that got on my cheeks. "So Mackenzie, how's your mom doing? I haven't talked to her in a crazy long time!" she says as she swallows her food. "She's doing great! She told me to say hi" I say as I stuff my mouth buying time to think of an answer for her next question. "Ahaha your mom's the sweetest! The last time I saw her you were still with Mike. How's he doing? How did you guys end?" she asks me as she takes another bite. I don't have a clue what to say. All I wanna do is cry. "We weren't made for each other" I say as I try to hold back my tears. I tried to stuff my mouth as much as I could and I answered in the shortest way possible every question. We finished our food and she made us some coffee. We sat down on the couch and Bryce pt his arm around me. We just talked the normal girlfriend talk. It's like the brother warning the boyfriend, but more passive aggressive and not straight up aggressive. It's also always done by the mom. We talked with his mom until around 8pm when Bryce decided it was time to leave. "It was amazing meeting you ms. Hall" I say as I give her a hug. "You're an amazing girl Mackenzie" she says as she gives me a crazy tight hug. We leave after Bryce gives his mum the longest hug I've ever seen. We get in the car and I sigh. Bryce starts driving. "Hype house or sway?" he asks me. "Lets stop by hype" I say. I need to see Jaden, he's the only one who knows about Mike except for Nick, but I don't wanna talk to Nick about this. He turned the car around and we drove towards the hype house.