3

"Candice, how did you feel when Paul left, I mean you seemed so ecstatic to see him again" Dwayne asked me sincerely. I could feel a lump in my throat, it was always a touchy subject.

"Have you ever loved someone so much that it consumes you, and then they leave without a goodbye? Paul was my best friend, and when he left he took a chunk of me with him, for a while I lost myself a little, countless days and nights worrying about him. I'd lost my brother. I think that's why my passion for adventure and exploration started, I hoped I would see him, somewhere across the states and he would come home with me."I breathed heavily as the passion exuberating from my mouth.

"Bless you're soul." he said hugging me softly. He was lost for words, and I could understand.

I heard someone skid down the slope, my quickly noticed it was Marko back with some Chinese.

"I see the way you've been looking at him" Dwayne smirked. I looked to him with a cheeky smile and then back to the captivating Marko.

Marko noticed my fan girl stares and giggled. He was so angelic. His blue eyes were so captivating, luring me in. I noticed David striding over to Paul, they were whispering, probably about me but who cares I've had to deal with that plenty of times, this is no different.

Pauls face suddenly saddened, he looked nervous and disappointed, which didn't make sense, Paul was always a cocky carefree a-hole.

Then even Marko went to join there little conversation before he placed the Chinese he'd just bought on the table and rushed off into another room. Almost instantly he walked through the door with a glistening, bejewelled bottle in hand. He smirked looking at me. I glanced to Paul who still had that unfamiliar look on his face.

"Nothing to worry about" Dwayne said patting my shoulder.

All the boys came and sat down near us, in a circle.

"Do you want to stay with us?" David asked me kindly.

"Ugh, if it's not trouble, I'd love to" I answered

"Drink some of this, let's get this party started" David smirked, handing me the wine bottle. I looked at it, and I honestly had a bad feeling about it, like I don't know these people, and I haven't seen Paul in such a long time.

"You don't have to Candice" Paul reassured me. All the boys scowled at him like he'd said something wrong. This frazzled my brain, what was happening.

"Come on Candice, join us" Marko smiled to me, sending flutters throughout my body.

"What do you mean?" I chuckled slightly. The boys exchanged looks before David spoke.

"We want you to join our little family"

I smiled at their kindness. But Paul's disappointed look stunned me.

I placed my thirsty lips against the rim of the bottom, gulping a good mouthful of the sweet liquid. Then everything began to become hazy like I'd done a dozen shots. I started to panic, what if they'd spiked the drink. I knew it was a bad idea. I got up and tried to run out of the cave but a hand grabbed me.

"What's wrong?" Marko's soft voice asked.

"Let me go." I said harshly. I was not dying today. I pulled away and ran towards the exit. I made it out and started to run up the steps before collapsing from dizziness.

I woke up in a silky bed. It had had thin silk drapes hanging from the top of the four posts of each corner. I looked around, I was in their home. Marko walked over to me and I sat up defensively. He sat on the edge of the bed and placed a hand on the bottom of my leg.

"Are you okay?" He asked sweetly.

"What happened?" I said scowling at him.

"You passed out so I bought you back in and let you rest, I should have warned you about the drink, it's David's special concoction. The side affects can be pretty scary if you're not used to it or didn't know about it." He said reassuring me. I cocked my eyebrows slightly but I let it slide, the drink must have had some weird shit like Ecstasy in it.

I patted the space on the bed next to me signalling for Marko to sit there. I was still unsure about these boys but I had to give them a chance.