VII

---Brianna---

If you're thinking how did I know this stuffs? Well. All I did was to think outside the box. I killed the norm within myself, then there, I see everything that I never thought I am capable of seeing. Akala ko noon normal lang na gawin ang mga ritwal na 'yun ngunit noong nawala na sila mama't papa, isang kahibangan lang pala ang lahat.

Kanyang-kanyang umalis ang mga kaninang nananamba sa kanilang kinauupuan. Samantala, ako ay nanatili sa pagkakaupo. Hinihintay ko si Rafael na matapos sa inutos ko. Inutusan ko kasi siya na tuminggin sa gilid-gilid baka may makita siyang hindi kanais-nais at kung wala naman, kailangan niya akong hanapan ng tiyempo para makausap ang nakakataas na pari.

Bored. I flip the book of hymns to spare some time.

"Isn't the young raising Faustus child I see?"

I know that voice and I hate who have that voice. In my peripheral vision; I saw a man in a cloth of white with his sparkling white long hair, approach by my side.

Isn't the good for nothing side priest I conclude? Hindi ko siya pinansin, bahala siya diyan.

Kapal na mukha siyang umupo sa tabi ko. Kinalibutan ako. Umurong ako ng unti at umobo para kahit papaano malaman niya na ayaw ko siyang makatabi at sana naman ay umalis na siya.

"Brian Faustus right? Iyung inakalang patay na anak ng mga Faustus?" I look at him, disgustedly.

He smiled at me liked how he smiled to other nobles and people around the Alcantares. I don't know how people find it charming and felt safety within his hands. If all I can feel is distaste and please-get-out-me-here, feelings. Is he trying to be friendly?

"Yes. You're right. White divine Asmodeus Landrimore." I bow my head enough to praise him and to see my shoes.

"My name is Brian Faustus which also known as the blessed miscarriage of my mom. I would like to thank our divine heavenly god that gives me the power and strength to be here, representing the family's name." I gave him the smile, that is commonly used by people who doesn't like the person they're talking to.

"Drop the formalities. You can call me Asmo." I pretend to be shock - only the member of the church would call them by their names without their tittles. Guess I have to play along.

"No, it would be such a disgrace to call you with that. Please, I do prefer calling you with your tittle." I need to look fragile as I can so I would not stir with his havoc.

Ginulo niya ng bahagya ang magandang ayos ng buhok ko. He scoot a little, ilang dangkal na lang ang layo niya mula sa akin. I shiver.

"Then kung ayaw mo noon, can I call you, hmm?" He look above while his left hand fingers is beneath his chin. I don't like where this is going.

"Since your name is Brian I'm afraid to tell you that I hate pleasantries and I'm sorry for that. I was thinking twice if I call you Brian for some reasons. It doesn't suit your lovely cute face." He smiled like he's going after his prey.