Chapter 3

"Let's get out of this room and look around the gym," I stated as I walked out of the room followed by Liz. There at the gym we saw the vice principal.

"Vice Principal? What are you doing here? It's dangerous wandering around this place," Liz called as she walked closer to the Vice Principal. The Vice Principal turned around and looked at us.

"Umm, Vice Principal?" Liz called again. Suddenly the Vice Principal lunged over Liz and tried to scratch her with his long and sharp hands. While lying down, Liz grabbed the Vice Principal's hands to prevent it from hurting her.

"ELA! HELP! YOUR KNIFE! STAB IT!" Liz shouted at the top of her lungs. With all my strength, I kicked the Vice Principal from Liz and stabbed him multiple times in the chest. Liz got up and ran towards me

"Thanks. Did you kill it?" Liz asked.

"I don't know. If it's not dead, we better get going," I replied and cleaned the knife. We left the gym, fearing that the monster will revive again.

"Let's check the school, there might be some students who used the classrooms as shelters, since I left school early," I stated and walked inside the classroom.

"I hope Nate is alright," Liz replied. Nate, our friend also studies in this school. We were close friends along with Liz. Two years ago, I had feelings for him but now, I don't even know. The whole classroom always teases me to him.

"Anyone who's outside the classroom is suspicious. Don't let trust them so easily," I warned as we walked through the dark and empty hallways. All of a sudden, a shout echoed in the hallway.

"A shout? It's coming from the science lab!" Liz exclaimed as we both ran towards the science lab. We opened the door to see Nate had a large cut in his arm and a monster in front of him.

"What the heck?! Nate!! Get away from him!!!" I shouted and charged towards the monster with my knife. I stabbed it but I can't predict if it's dead or unconscious. I looked over to Nate whose eyes were closed tight due to the pain in his arm.

"Liz, you studied medic, right?" I asked as Liz replied with a nod. "Only you can heal Nate right now," I pleaded and she sighed.

"Okay. Bring me the med kit. Take that monster out of the science lab in case it might wake up. Also guard outside the science lab while I'll take care of this," Liz replied as I followed her orders.

I walked out of the science lab and threw the monster aside. A few minutes later while playing the knife in my hand, the monster woke up and lunged at me without me noticing. The monster pinned me down and I tried to grabbed its hands to prevent it from scratching me. While struggling, footsteps echoed in the hallway.

"Oi, whoever it is. Can you please kill this monster?" I asked.

"You're trying to kill a Deceiver with a knife. Heh, it's not going to work," A masculine voice spoke.

"I don't know if I can kill it. At least I can make it unconscious. Now help me kill this monster," I spoke, still struggling.

All of a sudden, the monster's head was decapitated and I quickly got up from the floor.

"Thanks for killing that monster. I owe you one," I smiled and thanked him.