Ch14: Mediating Conflicting Sisters is a Tough Job

Magsimula sa umpisa

The highschooler checked her phone. There were a couple of messages from Kaoru and Hina in their chatroom. Kaoru was spreading poetic quotes here and there, while Hina spammed the chat with photos of food that she ate a while ago. She typed some replies, complete with stickers.

[Lisa Imai] Hina, did you really eat all that?

[Boppin' Potato] Yup!

[Boppin' Potato] My pants feel tight, somehow~

[Lisa Imai] I'm jelly you don't gain weight despite your appetite

[Lisa Imai] You and Moca should become foodie buddies!

[Lisa Imai] BTW, I've wrapped things up~

[Lisa Imai] Kaoru, you're really at the live house right now?

Kaoru had a sudden appointment this morning. Her dear horse happened to give birth earlier than expected and she wasn't sure whether she could return in time.

[Kaoru Seta] Aah, look! What an exquisite fruit tart they got here!

[Lisa Imai] Circle's cafe, then~

[Boppin' Potato] Oopsie, gotta go rehearse now!

Lisa spotted someone that she knew, Marina Tsukishima, by the reception area. The manager of CiRCLE helped Lisa a lot in prepping for today's gig, so she would like to say her regards as well as apologize that Roselia couldn't stay for long. As one of the performers, Lisa wanted to stay until the entirety of the concert had finished, but she needed to go watch Hina's performance at a different venue.

The open-air cafe located in front of the live house was filled with more than a dozen people, occupying seven tables. Kaoru was one of them; currently eating a fruit tart as she had mentioned before in the chatroom. Realizing Lisa's approaching, the purple-haired girl put her fork down and reached for something that was sitting on a vacant seat beside hers.

"My princess!" Kaoru held a flower bouquet and kneeled before Lisa. "Please accept this congratulatory bouquet from yours truly."

"W-what?" said Lisa flusteredly, but took the bouquet anyway. "Thanks, Kaoru!" She smiled. "But hey, I thought you were joking when you said about preparing a bouquet!"

It was the first time someone gave her one. The girl sniffed the flower; it smelled good and relaxing.

Kaoru winked as she got up. "It is the principle of a Seta family member to keep her word." She touched her chest dramatically and added, "I believe, a much-anticipated musical ensemble between longtime friends is certainly an occasion to be commemorated with a bouquet of flowers."

"You're not wrong about that." Lisa giggled. "I secretly wanted to play music with her again, yeah..."

Kaoru smiled apologetically and said, "Besides, consider it my way to express my regret for only being able to witness your last song of the day."

"Don't sweat it, Kaoru," Lisa replied. "How's the baby horse?"

"White and her foal are in perfect health, of course," said Kaoru. "Aah, births are such a fleeting moment to watch." She waved her hand and spoke in a solemn tone. "I must express my sincerest gratitude to my mother for going through the hardship of labor sixteen years ago."

"Ahaha, yeah..." Lisa giggled. "And where's this ranch, though?"

"Oh, just beside Lake Toya."

"Huh? The Lake Toya in Hokkaido?"

"Precisely." Kaoru took a medium-sized yellow box from a paper bag. "Here's a souvenir for you."

Lisa received the box that reads "wakasaimo", a confectionery that was one of Hokkaido's specialties.