Ch10: Fishy Guitar Business

"I miss you, Bubblegum!"

Hina hugged a sky blue electric guitar, so tight like someone who met a long-lost friend. She brushed the surface of the musical instrument with the biggest smile on her face, then proceeded to strum its strings.

"Oh? I thought your guitar is an electric one," Kaoru said confusedly. "Yet, it sounds acoustic."

"Cause it's not connected to an amp," Lisa informed. "Here, you can use mine."

Lisa took a palm-sized guitar amplifier from her school bag and gave it to Hina; an action she later questioned. The stupid brain just gave out an unnecessary signal to bring an amplifier to accompany the electric guitar (which wasn't even hers).

"Shuwa, shuwa, please tell me the name of this feeling ...."

Hina spent the next few minutes strumming the strings of her electric guitar and singing at the same time. Lisa never heard it, yet she loved the fluffy song already. The melody was catchy and it has fluffy lyrics. She imagined, if the mystery song had a PV, it would be full of colorful sweets like macarons and donuts. Although Hina's fisherman attire and the smell of roasted fish kind of ruined the mood of the song.

"Aah, what a fleeting adolescent love you've portrayed!" Kaoru dramatically waved her hands. "Pray tell, what is this song called?"

"It's 'Shuwarin☆Drea~min' by Pastel✽Palettes!" Hina raised her thumb. "That's the name of my band and we're gonna debut this Saturday, by the way."

"Whoa, debut already?"

"Yup! Try google for it~"

The 2-A vice class representative looked up the band on her phone. Pastel✽Palettes were a group of five. The bassist and keyboardist were familiar faces, but not on a personal level as Hina. Lisa just knew Chisato Shirasagi as a famous actress who often starred in numerous hit drama series and Eve Wakamiya as a rising model that had made appearances in various fashion magazines.

Judging from the lineup, Hina's band was no joke.

"Could I see your phone?" asked Kaoru.

Lisa gave her phone to Kaoru. "But idol band, huh?" She raised an eyebrow. "So... are you guys going to dance while playing an instrument?"

"Mm, only Aya's gonna dance around, I think." Hina touched her chin. "I want to stretch my arms or do backflips, tho~" She pouted.

Lisa laughed. "Hey, you might bump into your bandmates or instruments if you do that!"

Meanwhile, Kaoru was so absorbed with the article about Pastel✽Palettes. The ponytailed girl smiled tenderly at the official idol portrait of Chisato Shirasagi. Which brought a question...

"Are you a fan of Chisato Shirasagi?"

"Yes?" replied Kaoru. The girl put Lisa's phone down and was lost in thought for a moment. "A fan, huh..." She smiled. "I guess you can say that. She was the reason I aspired to be a stage actress, after all."

"I bet she's going to be delighted to hear that."

"Now I wonder about that." Kaoru chuckled.

"Hey, hey!"

Both Lisa and Kaoru turned to Hina.

"Kaoru-kun, do you play any instruments?" asked Hina. "And there's a bass guitar in Lisa-chi's bedroom, right? We should jam together sometime!"

"Wha—no! I'm no good, honest!" Lisa shook her head. "It's been years since I last played my bass guitar, so I'm basically a beginner..."

"A musical ensemble? That's a wonderful idea!" Kaoru nodded in agreement. "I was in the marching band during the primary school days, so I can assist you with a trumpet or some other wind instruments."