"When does your class end?" I ask her as I park my car in the university parking.
"Erm, three, why?"
"Actually, I have the football practise till four."
"It's okay, I'll just go to Weston."
"You don't mind?" I say as we start heading to the building.
"Of course not,"
"Okay, then. All the best for your first day,"
"Not the first time I am going to college, Liam," she says rolling her eyes at me.
"But it's the first time I am seeing you off," I say as I walk-off calling out a see you later.
I did not see her for pretty much the entire day even though we were in the same building though I was hoping that we might share some classes together.
There's always tomorrow.

As soon as I finish football with the boys, I get changed and head to Weston to find Kiera. I find her sitting at the far end of library focusing her eyes, concentrating at something on her laptop while biting a pencil.
Some things never change.
I smile thinking about how it's weird that just by looking at her my entire mood flips around. When I see her smile, I am the one feeling happy, and no matter how many people are in the room but my eyes will always wander until they find her.
How being close to her makes me feel alive.
I walk up to her but she is so engrossed in her work that she doesn't notice my presence. I tiptoe and go behind her, shaking her lightly shouting a 'boo' in her ears.
Startled, she squeaks making everyone stare at her.
"Liam!" she whisper-yells at me, slightly slapping my arm, as I relax down on the chair beside her.
"Hey, it's not my fault that you scare easy!" I say to have her narrow her eyes at me before she goes back to her work.
"Sorry, I got a little late."
"It's fine. I started working on some things from today," she says still looking at her laptop.
"All these years and you are still a nerd."
Uh-Oh
I look at her wide-eyed, with a sorry grin on my face as she turns to me with her mouth open in shock, now glowering at me.
"I-I didn't mean it. Sorry" I say as she narrows her eyes at me, collects her things hurriedly and stomps out.
"Hey, I was just kidding Kiera-"I shout loudly as I chase after her not realizing that I am standing the middle of the library. I mutter a quick sorry to the withering stares as I follow her.
"K, Stop. I didn—"I stop seeing her stop in front me. She turns around and is storming towards me now, still glowering at me.
Oh, this is bad.
"I'll have you know that I am proud to be a nerd."
"A-A-And you should be, it was just a joke. You know how you use to always be working in the library back in the high school and the debate team a-an-and I am making this worse, aren't I?" I say as I notice her expressions getting angrier.
"You think?" she says grabbing the car keys from my hand.
I quickly sit shotgun before she could drive off without me.
"So,--Mhmm" I start but stop as she glares at me.
"You know Reece, wanted to go see London. I get free at twelve tomorrow. Do you want to come?" I attempt again but no avail.
I attempt again as we reach home, but she collects her stuff and angrily stomps out even before I could get the first word out.

NERD!
Nerd?
He called me a nerd. I probably over-reacted but it was kind of fun to see him get all worked up as soon as the words left his mouth.
I enter the house after college to find Luke working in the living room.
"Hey, what's up?"
"Hey! Oh, nothing interesting thought I was catching up with some work. How was your first day, kiddo?
"It was good. Where's everyone?"
"Mum has her classes. Jen, Sam and Reece are at Sam's house because Reece wanted to have more of her cookies,"
"Alright, I am going to my room. I'll see you for dinner" I say as I turn around to go to my room.
"That's what it's like now? You don't have time for your brother?"
I turn around to find Luke feigning sadness.
"Of course, I do," I say as I sit beside him, "I just thought you were working."
"I always have time for you. So, mum's happy to see you back,"
"Yeah"
"She's not the only one though," he says and I know he wants to talk about Liam.
"Yeah, Sam and Pops are also happy."
"You know what I mean, Kiera."
"I know, Luke. I know." I say as I take his arm and rest my head on his shoulder. He was so much older than me that he has not just been an older brother to me; he's been my confidant, my father for as long as I can remember.
"Why didn't mum tell me that you came to Oxford two years ago and why didn't you to come to Cambridge to meet me?" I say deflecting any talks about Liam.
"It wasn't a vacation, K," he pauses hesitantly before continuing, "It wasn't work either."
"I gathered that much from Sam's expressions last night."
"The rest is not mine to tell."
"Everyone keeps saying that."
"Well then maybe you should talk to the one who is waiting to tell you."
"I don't want to talk about it all, Luke. Can we please change the topic?"
"Sure," with an understanding nod.
"Hey, now that you are here on a vacation. How about all of us have dinner together? I'll ask Sharon and Seth too. I'll cook"
"Really?" Luke says with a shocked expression
"Fine, I'll order food," I say rolling my eyes.
"Just call everyone. Mum, Jen and I can make dinner."
"Cool, I'll see you later then," I say before he could rope me in for another talk about Liam. Though everything feels like it is gradually coming to normal, there's this uncertainty still somewhere, and I am just not ready to talk about it, especially to anyone before I talk about it with Liam.