Chapter 48

~~~ Chapter 48 ~~~ Aimee's POV

I can't even begin to believe it's nearly been a month since me and Luke officially got together.

Everything's gone perfectly. It almost seems too good to be true.

After going to the cinema with Michael and Calum, Luke decided he needed to take me on a proper date, just me and him. 

The first date he took me on was to a park where some people he knew were doing a small concert. The trees were full of glowing lanterns and lights, and people were spread out on the grass on picnic blankets and pillows.

We had sat under the night sky as the band played all sorts of songs, with their acoustic guitars and steady drummer behind them. 

It couldn't have been an any more perfect first date. Luke held my hand the whole time, and I leant my head on his chest as I sat in between his legs on the picnic blanket. He rested his head on my shoulder, and even hummed along to some of the songs.

He continued to impress me with his range of inventive dates since. He took me out whenever he could, and everytime I said yes, just to see what he had in store.

The craziest was when Luke managed to persuade a guy in the year above to let us use his quadbike, and Luke made me sit on the back while he drove (terribly) over dirt tracks and potholes.

Although I may have been scared out of my mind, it was one of the best things I've ever done.

Michael and Calum have hung out with us at school too. It's honestly the best feeling in the world to know that Calum isn't mad with me, and is still my friend. I'll admit, there is tension between him and Luke but I can tell he wants to get on with him for my sake.

I feel like the luckiest person alive right now.

I hear my phone buzz beside me as I lie on the white sand of my favourite beach, my head on Luke's chest.

It's a Saturday, and the weather is really hot. The sky above is blue, and the beach is crammed with surfers, divers and teenagers, desperate to hit the beach while the weather is good.

"Who's that?" asks Luke as I unlock my phone.

I check my messages and see Michael's name flash across the screen.

"It's Michael, he says he's found some kind of cove thing and that we should go. Apparently no one's there but him and Cal." 

I hear Luke groan and pull me back down when I start to sit up. 

"We should just stay here." He looks at me through his sunglasses.

I look around me at the crowded beach. "It would be nicer on a quiet beach," I state.

"But I don't want to moveeeee," whines Luke and I sigh. 

I manage to scramble out of his grasp and start packing my beach stuff. I pull a light floaty beach cover up over my bikini and grab my bag. 

"Okay, have fun!" I say, purposely annoying my sleepy boyfriend.

"Aimee," he whines again and finally gets up. I admire his shirtless torso.

"Like what you see?" Luke jokes and pulls on a shirt. "Too bad you made me get up."

I shove him playfully and we walk up the beach. 

"So how are we getting to this cove?" Luke asks, trying to be clever.

I stop and text Michael. "Good point."

I send a text asking whether he can pick us up from Streets beach, Brisbane city.

After ten minutes, which consisted of buying ice creams, I see Michael pull up in his car.