Chapter 36

~~~ Chapter 36 ~~~ Aimee's POV

Everything happened in slow motion.

Luke burst into the room, standing in the door way, panting, eyes wild and Michael thundered up the stairs after him.

Soon enough, Michael was slamming Luke into his blue bedroom wall, and Calum was yelling, and I was going mad.

"You can't just come into my house like that!" Shouted Michael, gripping a fistful of Luke's shirt, pulling him up by the collar.

Luke made a choked coughing sound.

"Michael stop doing that!" Begged Calum, pulling his friend away and leaving Luke standing with his hands on his knees panting.

"You need to explain what you did!" Yelled Michael furiously.

Luke shot me a look but I turned my head away, blinking as more tears dripped from my eyes.

"She... She hasn't told you?" Asked Luke quietly.

"It's obviously too bad to say," said Calum, irritation in his voice. He was clearly also angry with Luke but he was trying to mask it.

"Please leave me alone with her," Luke said, staring at the two other boys. "I need to talk to her."

My head shot up, my eyes wide and scared. "No no no." I jumped up off the bed, shielding myself behind Calum and he gripped my wrist lightly, letting me know I had him for protection.

"She doesn't want to see you, get out," demanded Michael, taking a step towards Luke.

The blonde boy sent me a look of plead, but I didn't trust him. I hated him.

"Aimee," Calum said softly, "do you want to speak to Luke?"

"No!" I cried. "I hate him! I hate him so much!" I sobbed and buried my face in Calum's shoulder. He wrapped an arm round me, hugging me comfortingly.

"You have to go, now!" Yelled Michael. I heard Luke curse and start to walk out but then stop.

"Aimee." He was begging me. "Please let me talk to you. I can't stand to see you like this."

Something snapped inside me.

Red hot anger began to boil in my veins.

"You can't stand it?" I said through gritted teeth, stepping away from Calum and facing Luke.

"Can't stand it?" I repeated."Well guess what Luke? This is how I've been every fucking night since you left me! Since the two people who meant most to me, and supposedly cared most about me, left me! Every night is the same; a huge piece of my heart gets repeatedly torn, over and over until I can't stop crying. The phrase 'cry myself to sleep' really comes in use here. Why? Because I cry so much that soon enough I am in bed with no more energy, no more anything, until I'm numb and look like a motionless corpse."

I looked him right in the eye. "If you couldn't stand me like this, you wouldn't have been selfish enough to do what you did. Take a good look at me and see what you've done."

He stared at me. At the prominent black circles that had reappeared under my eyes, the bloodshot white of my normally lively amber eyes, the pale skin on my face, the broken skin on my wrist where I had scratched my old scars.

"Go," I said, tearing up. "You're just a lie."

Calum squeezed my hand gently, telling me it was okay.

It wasn't.

Luke hung his head in disgrace. "Yeah, you're right, I am a lie. Stay away from me and I'll continue to stay away from you. It should have always been like that. I don't know what I was thinking. I could never like you, I don't know why you were stupid enough to say you loved me. Are stupid enough." He shot me a cold stare, and then walked out of the room.

He just left.

Again.

"Oh my god, Calum, keep me from going down there and kicking his fucking ass!" Bellowed Michael, starting toward the door but Calum grabbed him, pulling him back and whispering something to him.

Michael's eyes softened and he looked at me with a sorry expression and pulled me into a hug.

The tears have stopped. Now I'm just numb to emotion again.

I doubt I'll ever feel emotion again.

***

Michael tried to shake me awake, gripping on my arms and pulling for about the 50th time this morning.

But I refused, not coming out from the duvet.

Michael called my parents last night saying I was sick and he took me home, and so I spent the night in his spare room. Calum left at about 1am because his parents were worried, but he promised he'd be back this morning.

I could faintly hear Michael calling my name, but I was somewhere else, in some sort of day dream. More like a day nightmare.

The horrible comments from Luke were daggers, each one puncturing me through the chest over and over.

"Get up Aimee," whined Michael.

I didn't move.

"Aimee!" He wailed.

I sighed, and sat up. I didn't care how bad I probably looked after a sleepless night.

"It's the production tonight," he reminded me, "Calum's coming over to see if you're okay for it. They need you. There's gonna be at least 700 people watching."

"I'm not going." I said, my voice hoarse and flat.

"Aimee..." he whispered faintly.

"You heard what he said to me. I can't stop hearing them. The words."

I touched my temple distantly, staring into nothingness.

"Take me home Michael. Just do one thing and take me back to somewhere I'm safe." I murmured and he looked disappointed and hurt.

"You're safe here..." I looked at him an his shoulders drooped.

"Okay then." He agreed. "Let's go."

*******************

~ pretty crappy but next chapter should be better, after this chunk of events the storyline will improve 👍 yay! ~

Vote, comment, share with friends