Chapter 10

~~~ Chapter 10 ~~~ Aimee's POV

Three weeks had passed since that night I went to Luke's house.

In those weeks I had gone to school, working with different people on their parts for Romeo and Juliet.

I had got the part assistant director and my professor, Mr Martin, had told me to help the actors for the play with their stage presence, voicing and movement.

I had met up with Michael a few times as well, but not at soccer practice.

He asked me to go to get coffee with him after school one night and then pretty much every other night after that we met up one way or another. He never really mentioned the fight though, which I found strange but didn't ask about.

I did like Michael. I wouldn't normally hang out with someone like him, with all the piercings and dyed hair, but underneath the surface was a sweet, funny guy.

The weather was cool as I made my way to school. A gentle breeze whipped my hair.

When I got to school, I made my way to the lockers and grabbed my Dramatic Arts book and folder. Thank goodness I had that and not Maths.

As I was shoving my book into my bag, a voice made me look up.

"Hi," said a dark haired, good looking boy.

"Hey Calum," I replied. Calum was the stage manager for the production. We had been working together a lot and I really liked him.

"You ready for class?" He asked as we began walking down the corridor.

"Yeah just about but I went to bed late last night so I was just thinking how glad I am it's not maths first thing." I tucked a stray strand of hair that was falling out of my pony tail behind my ear.

"Same here." Calum fake yawned and I giggled. "Are you surprised that Ashton Irwin got Lord Capulet?"

I bursted out laughing at the thought, remembering my best friend had been chosen for that character.

"It's hilarious!" I choked out, "but  Ashton is so pleased!"

Calum joined me in laughing as we headed into class. Mr Martin was at the front of the class and I realised we must be late.

"Hmm where've you two been?" The professor looked over his round glasses.

"Sorry," I coughed, masking my chuckles.

"Well, have a seat." Mr Martin took up position facing the class while I shared an amused look with Calum then sat down next to Ashton who grinned up at me.

I could tell he was proud of me for not talking about Luke for three weeks. I hadn't even really seen him, even if I did day dream about the way he hugged me that night in his room...

And it did feel good.

A weight was off my shoulders, like I didn't need to always think of him.

"What are you laughing about?" Ashton raised an eyebrow and I tried not to laugh again thinking that he would soon be playing a ruthless, strict Lord of one of two rival families.

"Shh we're meant to be listening." I escaped his question easily.

"Right." Said Mr Martin and caught our attention. "Today we will be working in the auditorium so leave your bags and get your books and lets go."

I pulled out the script and my books and was just leaving the class room when Mr Martin called me over.

"What is it Sir?" I asked.

"Oh Aimee I need to talk about who you need to work with today." He pulled out a sheet of paper and scanned it.

"Have you helped Lady Montague with her accent?" He questioned.

I nodded. "Yeah I spent a double lesson with Maisie on Wednesday."

"Good," He smiled. "I'm glad I chose you for my assistant director."

"Thanks," I grinned.

He got up and headed to the door and I followed.

"Oh!" He said, clearly remembering something. "Tybalt! He needs to work on stage presence. Do that today in Studio 5."

I gulped. Luke played Tybalt.

Was my plan to try and get over the boy I had been infatuated with for years about to come crashing down?

Would three weeks away from him be worth it now?