He landed shakily on the other side in a crouch, flailing his arms slightly to keep his balance. He panted in surprise and turned towards the Fire Nationers across, his eyes wide. "I think the past is trying to kill me!"

"I can't believe it." Zuko muttered in amazement as he kneeled down and inspected the trip wire. "This booby trap must be centuries old, and it still works."

"There's probably a lot more." Tsai looked around the ruins with suspicion. Aang straightened and clutched his staff nervously, glancing around with wary eyes. "Maybe this means we shouldn't be here."

"Maybe this means we should be here." The redhead challenged as the eyed the bed of spikes thinking of a way to cross them. "People don't make traps unless they've got something worth protecting," she observed.

Zuko glanced across the spike bed briefly then took a several steps back. Taking a deep breath, he ran towards the wall, running across it to the other side of the trap. He landed beside Aang and brushed himself off casually, a smirk tugging at his lips as he looked over at the younger teen.

"Where's that upbeat attitude you were talking about?" He smiled at Aang disbelieving look then he looked towards the largest temple in the center of the ruins.

"Show off," the girl muttered under her breath and crossed her arms over her chest before kneeling down and analyzing the rope that had triggered the trap.

"Need some help?" Zuko challenged from across the spike bed his body language mimicking hers as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Over her dead body she was asking him for any help. Her pride was already hurt enough as it was.

She looked at both of them standing on the other side of the courtyard and frowned. There was no way she was fast enough to walk on the wall like Zuko or that she could blow her way across like Aang. She looked at both of them slightly frustrated at her lack of skills. She would find a way across, but it would take her some time.

"I-I'll catch up..." She responded smugly turning away. Being unable to shed her pride.

"Tsai are you sure? I can-" Aang began but was interrupted by Zuko who turned his shoulder away. "She can handle it." He said crass and they began to walk away leaving the girl alone in the courtyard.

She glowered at him fists clenched at her sides. He had really been getting on her nerves today. Bummed she kicked a nearby rock on the ground fuming.

She looked at the bed with spikes maybe- she could just walk across it carefully? Slow and steady wins the race? She got the rope and looked up to a branch ready to toss it over and use it to swing cross.
By now Aang and Zuko had probably found a rare treasure or the true origins of firebending! She had to hurry.

"Who goes there?" A rough voice suddenly said. She felt something sharp poke her back and turned in fearful shock to see a tan man wearing tribal gear. A native man of the Sun Warrior islands! The warrior wore a menacing expression on his face and pointed a sharp spear at her chest.

Xxx

Sometime later on a separate part of the island Aang and Zuko ran into some trouble.

The Avatar grunted and yanked at the metal bars, trying to get them to budge and his hands stuck to the goo already on the bars. He struggled to pull them off, but they remained stuck. "I can't move. Zuko, do something!"

"Me?" Zuko squawked indignantly, "What do you expect me to do?! I can't move either!"

Aang glanced over his shoulder and his eyes widened when he saw the goo was nearing the ceiling. He turned back around and renewed his struggle to move the metals bars, but any attempt at trying to budge them was cut short when the goo finally reached them. Zuko and Aang both groaned in discomfort as the goo pressed them tightly against the grating until it suddenly stopped.