10

"This is what I've been missing." Iroh sighed happily as he received a relaxing massage. He could feel the tension on his shoulder's easing as the masseuse worked wonders on his knotted aching muscles.

"Who knew being lost at sea for three weeks with no food or water, and sea vultures waiting to pluck out your liver could make one so tense?" he said as he sighed in satisfaction.

The resort was beyond relaxing. The temperature was hot, soothing, yet not suffocating. Plum blossoms still bloomed here leaving a trail of lost flowers and petals to be carried away dancing with the wind.

"I can't believe I did that twice," Tsai said more to herself as she sat on a low table in the room writing with a large ink brush on a parchment she would send to her brother the corner of her eye twitching in annoyance. Honestly if she could survive being stuck on a small boat with Prince Zuko and Uncle Iroh without any of them killing each other she could survive anything.

xxx

Being at sea had been a nightmare, but it had been better than when she endured it by herself. Iroh would tell them stories about the war and about the good old times that he had shared with her grandfather. He would tell jokes and Tsai and him would pass time singing old sailor tunes. 

 Sometimes to pass time they would play Tic Tac Toe with some of the nuts and bolts that were lying around the floor of the small ship. Zuko would always rage whenever he lost against her.

"You're cheating!"
"I don't want to play this stupid game anymore!" He would seethe in anger. Simply making Tsai laugh, he was such a sore loser.

At night the three would look at the stars and think of names for the constellations and stories behind them.

"That one looks like a platypus bear!" Tsai pointed "It's eating honey, do you see it? It's so cute!"
"It looks like two dragons mauling each other to death," Zuko said darkly. She turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow in concern and he turned away grumpily, his arms crossed over his chest. Iroh had simply chuckled.

xxx

Iroh turned his head slightly and looked at his unhappy nephew sitting on the floor with his back to the doorway. Tsai had also noticed that Zuko had been in a particularly difficult mood today. She decided it was best to avoid it and try best not to trigger him. It was then that Iroh hopped off the table (he was wearing pants thank the spirits) and approached his brooding nephew sitting cross-legged besides him.

"I see," Iroh suddenly said in understanding. Iroh was funny like that. He could even understand and translate different types of silence. Feeling the air grow heavy Tsai decided to excuse herself and go check the hawkery for any messages of her brother. She tried to meet Zuko's eyes but he kept his head lowered and a conical hat to hide his expression as he brooded.

"It's the anniversary, isn't it?" She heard Iroh said just after she stepped out. She stopped just around the corner. Pressing her back against the other side of the wall.

She thought. What if- she did something nice for him today? She shook her head and went ahead to look for a message from her brother. She was ready to go home. She had had enough adventuring for now. She was ready to return to her governing duties and leg for forgiveness from her parents. she missed her bed, her room, her brother and simply having tea in the garden on the afternoons. Excitement brewed as she thought about being back home. Homesickness really was no joke, specially after being lost at sea- twice.

There were no news from Mecha yet. She blew out a lost strand of hair that had fallen out of place and with her hands on her hips decided on the best idea to keep busy by checking out the Resort's beach. When suddenly the Firehawk came. She recognized the Vice Royal insignia from Yu Dao immediately.