2 | Predicament

"You heard my voice, I came out of the woods by choice

Shelter also gave their shade, But in the dark I have no name.

So leave that click in my head,
And I will remember the words that you said,

Left a clouded mind and a heavy heart, But I was sure we could see a new start."

- Mumford and Sons

____________________

"Okay. . . I'll go with you."

The moment the words left Bucky's mouth, Natasha and the others watching the entire discussion from their devices relaxed and remained at their positions outside the building.

And Steve, who heard and saw everything, wanted to tell his friend that he was worth it. Bucky didn't see it in himself, but he was worth it. He, and Peggy, was all Steve had left of his past. All he had left of the golden age. And he didn't want to lose them.

"I'm going in," Steve announced suddenly over comms.

"Hold on there Rogers," Natasha returned from her position.

Steve stopped and impatiently sighed to listen to her reasoning.

"From the looks of it, Opal has it under control. . . It looks like Bucky is coming willingly now, so wait another minute and let them come to us," she explained while referring him to check the camera feed again.

Steve, letting out a sharp breath, checked his phone and looked at the feed. When he did, he could see Opal leading the way with Bucky in tow. He watched with a small smile on his face as she sounded excited to have him come stay with them.

From Opal's point of view, she was beyond happy to have convinced Bucky to come back. She knew, and so did everyone else, that he needs their help.

To help him feel like he made the right choice, she led the metal-arm super soldier down the stairwell and explained what it was like at Steve's place. Also what it was like in general in this new age.

"Steve has a comfy couch, and he has a lot of old timey - sorry, I mean your era - knick-knacks so it should be really familiar to you. He also has a nice record player, and I shall confess that I tried to steal it. But those days are over for me," she rambled on with pure lighthearted excitement.

While she spoke, Bucky studied her with both perplexity and amusement as they traveled downstairs. His mind was still stuck on the fact she convinced him to come back. He felt a strange feeling in his gut at the idea of trying to make amends with Steve for what he had done. But as he listened to the teen happily describing the life he had to look forward to, he tried to push those negative thoughts to the back of his mind.