Gronder Field, Part Two:

Start from the beginning

Ah crap Byleth thought to herself as she tumbled onto the hard ground.

Felix was now standing above her; he pointed his sword down at her. "Get up" Felix demanded, Byleth sat there in defiance hoping it would give Lysithea a clear shot.

Byleth shook her head, "I won't fight you Felix" she said.

Felix's gaze broke away and he shook his head, "Dammit Byleth" he shouted "Don't make this harder than it needs to be" he added. In that moment that wall that Felix put up crashed down, and Byleth saw he didn't want to kill her any more than she wanted to kill him.

Byleth was thinking of something to say, maybe she underestimated Felix, and he is someone who could be reasoned with. But her mouth and Brain weren't fast enough.

Felix fell to the floor with a loud thud.

Byleth quickly scrambled to her feet and hunched over Felix, checking his vitals. Byleth felt a weak pulse, she put her head to his chest to check his breathing.

"Is he ok?" Claude's voice rang out

"Felix?" A voice called out, Byleth knew who it was Sylvain's voice was impossible not to recognize. Byleth heard a horse nearing them "Felix?!" Sylvain called out in a more urgent tone. Byleth knows Sylvain's spotted them, "You killed Felix" he says and raises his lance.

Byleth raises a hand to stop him.

Come on Felix, then she hears it.

Felix Hugo Fraldarius is still breathing, sure it's incredibly shallow but hey it beats the alternative.

"Felix is still breathing" Byleth says and lets a sigh of relief. She places her hands on him, and they begin to tingle as the yellow light begins emitting from them. Byleth looks up at Sylvain he's still looking down at her "I can only heal so much Sylvain" she says as she stands up. "Take Felix and retreat" Byleth commands, she pauses for a moment to look at her friend lying on the verge of death. Felix doesn't deserve to die her, Byleth finally finds her voice once again "Please" she adds.

Sylvain sits on his horse for a few moments mulling over Byleth's words, then he dismounts and head straight to Byleth. They look at each other for a few moments before Sylvain speaks up "Thank you Byleth" he says and goes in to lift Felix's unconscious body off the ground, Sylvain walks back to his horse and buts Felix towards the front of the horse.

Sylvain looks back at them for a moment and smiles, then gets on his horse "If you see Ingrid, tell her to join us" he asks. "I don't want her to die" Sylvain said softly, he paused for a moment "I don't want you to die either Byleth" he adds and then rides off to retreat.

Byleth stood there dumbfounded, then let out a sigh of relief "I can't believe that worked" she said "It was really touch and go there for a moment" she added. Byleth was grateful to Sylvain, it always surprised her but out of Felix, Ingrid, and Sylvain he appeared to be the most levelheaded despite his philandering ways.

Thank you, Sylvain she thought to herself.

"Lysithea how the hell did you manage to do that" Claude demanded, Byleth drew her attention back onto them.

Lysithea shrugged, "I knew he had some magic tolerance" she replied "Otherwise, I wouldn't have even attempted it" she added

"I'm just glad it worked out" Byleth said, "Come on let's head back to the hill now" she added.

They made their way through the wooded area once again and began heading up the Hill.

"Hey where is everyone?" Claude asked, they made it to the ballistic