Chapter 39: Forbidden Fruit

Start from the beginning

He's definitely in a bad mood. She thought.

"I was looking for you." She responded.

"While you're drunk in that dress?!" Gusion responded, still sounding irritated.

What's wrong with my dress?

Guinevere was wearing an off shoulder lavender dress. It's a normal knee length beach dress.

"I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad. I'm sorry." She just apologized.

Gusion did not respond.

"I was just worried about you so I followed you. You were like that since this afternoon. Is there something wrong?" She asked him.

"Nothing." He responded.

"Okay. If you don't want to talk about it, can I just stay here with you?" She asked.

He nodded as he looked into the ocean.

Guinevere wanted to hug him. Whatever it is that's been bothering him, she wanted to take it all away and make him feel better, but she didn't know how.

She just stood beside him and watched the sky and the ocean.

"I'm sorry." Gusion told her.

"Huh? For what?"

"For snapping at you."

"It's okay, Gusion. You don't have to apologize."

"I don't mind if you get drunk or wear that dress or the bikini you were wearing earlier..."

Guinevere looked at him.

"...as long as I'm around." He continued.

She couldn't believe what he just said. She remembered him being the overprotective boyfriend who would do anything to keep her safe.

"Thank you, Gusion."

"I was just wondering..." Gusion continued but hesitated.

"What is it?"

"If Angela dared you to kiss Granger for the game, would you do it?"

"I... I don't know. Probably not. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing. Forget it. Let's go back to them."

"Okay..." Guinevere agreed and didn't ask further. She didn't want to make him angry again.

"You two are back! We just finished the game. Come, let's drink!" Angela handed them cocktails.

"I mixed them." Claude proudly told them. He's dressed like a bartender.

"What's this called?" Guinevere asked, referring to her drink.

"It's called Forbidden Fruit. It's made of citadelle gin, house juniper cordial, lemon juice, spiced apple purée and bubbles." Claude responded happily.

"I love it! This is my new favorite now! You're such a great bartender!" Guinevere complimented him.

"Glad you like it. Let me know if you want more."

"Thanks, Claude! I'll definitely come back for more."

They all spent the rest of the evening drinking and dancing.

Gusion did not dance though. He was sitting on a folding beach chair while drinking. Guinevere approached him and sat beside him, both of them drunk.

"Gusion..."

"Hey."

"Why don't you join us?" She asked.

"I'm not in the mood to dance." He replied, his face all red due to alcohol.

"You're drunk already. Why don't you go rest now?" Guinevere suggested.

"And you're not?" He answered her with a question and then chuckled.

"I stopped drinking already. I'm going back to the cottage in a bit. Everyone is too drunk. Look at Alu."

The music suddenly stopped playing.

"Hey guys, let's continue the party tomorrow before Alucard throws up." Granger suggested. He was holding Alucard's arm who's about to pass out.

"No, I still want to dance!" Alucard shouted.

Granger ignored him and dragged him to their cottage.

Angela was a little drunk too and was with Chou.

"Guin, you go ahead, I'll just walk Chou to their cottage."

"What about Claude?" Guinevere asked, looking at Claude who's already sleeping on one of the beach chairs.

"Ugh, we can't carry him, Guinny. Gusion is too drank either. He'll be fine here." Angela replied and then left with Chou.

Guinevere was worried. She found a blanket from their stuff on the ground and put it on Claude.

Gusion smiled at her when he saw what she did.

"You're too sweet." He told her.

"Let's go, Gusion." Guinevere was about to start walking to their cottage but she saw Gusion struggling to stand up.

She took his arm and wrapped it around her shoulder. He was looking at her the entire time they were walking to his cottage.

"Guin..."

"Yes?"

"Nothing."

She asked for the keys when they reached the cottage.

Gusion took it from his shorts' pocket and gave it to her.

Guinevere assisted him as they entered his cottage.

"Thanks, Guin."

"Of course."

Just when Guinevere was finally about to let go of Gusion's arm, he lost his balance. Guinevere was too weak to hold him so her back was pushed against the wall preventing Gusion to fall down.

While she was pinned against the wall, her face was inches away from Gusion's. She can feel his warm breath that smells like alcohol as he stared at her. It was the same look he had when he saw her in a night gown back in the Swan castle.

"Guin..."

"Gusion.."

Without any hesitation, he started kissing her passionately on her lips. Guinevere was shocked but just closed her eyes and kissed him back.

***
Author's note:
Forbidden Fruit is actually my favorite. I love cocktails! :)