Chapter 11

I summoned Stormie -my dragon- and flew away to Jamanakai Village. I don't know why I went there, I just found myself heading there so I thought, why not visit my mom?

I landed and made Stormie disappear. I remembered the first time I came here, it was with Anima.... Wait, where is Anima? I haven't seen her around lately... Strange. Well maybe Morro made her disappear after he got the armour.

I went to the door and rang the bell, my mom opened the door and gave me a welcoming hug.

We went inside and I saw my aunt sitting on one of the couches while watching something on the TV. My mom went somewhere and said she'll be back soon.

"Hello auntie," I said and sat next to her.

"Yo Y/n, how are you doing?" she looked at me and put her popcorn bowl between us.

"Not good...." she looked at me then grabbed the remote and paused the episode of whatever she was watching.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I'm tired of what's happening... Morro is really pissing me off lately, he got the sword and-"

"Wait wait wait, you said Morro?"

I looked at her "yeah... Why?"

"You mean your second cousin Morro?"

I didn't say anything, I was looking at her in confusion then I finally spoke "Morro is my second cousin??!"

"Well if you mean Morro who has a strange green lock in his black hair then yes, he is your second cousin."

Wait what?! Is that why we have the same element??!

She sat straight instead of her lazy position on the couch and looked at me with a serious face "tell me what happened."

My mom entered the room "I heard someone saying Morro."

My aunt told her "Y/n knows Morro, but she didn't know they were related."

Mom sat near me "how do you know Morro?"

I sighed and told them the summary of what happened.

"I don't have much time to stay here, I need to go to help the ninjas," I got up.

Mom stopped me before I leave "take me with you, I might be able to help."

"It's dangerou-"

"You forgot that I'm the master of wind too?"

I thought for a moment then agreed, she went to change her outfit. My aunt said "well, I might be able to help too, even though I'm not a ninja."

She got her sunglasses from the drawer "take me with you too."

Mom came back and- wow. She was wearing her old ninja gi, it still suits her since she's not that old.

I returned to Steep Wisdom and entered. No one was there.

"Y/n, look," my mom saw a letter and gave it to me.

I read it out loud " it says 'Y/n, we traveled to the Caves of Despair, the others didn't listen to me when I said it might be a trap so I went with them, I left a map for you to follow us - Nya'."

"Ughhhh !! They left?! Are they that dumb?!"

"Chill, Y/n, why are you so angry?" my aunt asked.

"Because my gut instinct is telling me that it's a trap every second! And we've been there before! But what was there? Nothing!" I got out of the shop after taking the map and summoned my dragon.

Mom summoned her dragon and my aunt went with her. We went to the Caves of Despair and saw the bounty in the sky. We both jumped on the bounty and made our dragons disappear.

"Wow, this ship is so cool!" my aunt said.

I went to the control room and saw Misako, Nya and sensei.

They all turned to look at me when I entered.

"Y/n! Just in time!" Nya said then they all looked at my mother.

Misako spoke "M/n?" (mother name).

"I'm back," mom said with a smile then added "thank you for taking care of Y/n all those years."

"What am I? Invisible?" my aunt complained while taking her sunglasses off.

"Well no one remembers you so yeah, you're invisible for now," mom snickered.

Nya turned to look at me "the others just entered the cave, you can catch up with them if you go now."

"Alright," I walked to the door and stopped "also, have you seen Anima?"

"No, no one saw her," Nya replied.

I wonder where she is. I walked out and airjitsu-ed my way down to the entrance of the cave.

I saw the guys walking, they weren't so far so I called them "I'm here!"

"Y/n!" they said.

Cole spoke after I walked to them "You're late, we've been waiting for you."

"Waiting huh? Then who left without even telling me?" I asked while crossing my arms.

"It was Kai's idea to not wait," Lloyd pointed at Kai.

"Hey!"

I looked at the lanterns near them "what are you guys waiting for?"

"It could be one of the tests! Maybe if we picked the wrong one-"

I didn't listen to Jay and just picked one "nope, just a lantern."

I walked in front of them while carrying the lantern, I looked at them, they were all following me except Jay who hesitated before taking the last lantern.

We walked for a few minutes until we've reached a more open area.

I looked to the left and froze.

"Is it him?" Jay asked.

Kai spoke "the first spinjutsu master, but where is the tomb?"

I opened my mouth "this is not the first spinjutsu master." The skeleton had Morro's hair, this is what's left from his dead body... But why is his hair perfectly fine??

Zane continued after me "this is Morro's body."

"So if this is Morro's body and not the first spinjutsu master's-" Jay gasped and finished "It's a trap!"

"I knew it!" I exclaimed before we all heard someone laughing.

We looked up and saw Ghoultar, one of Morro's ghost friends.

The temperature was getting higher, I looked down in front of me and saw lava rising from the ground.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Word Count : 1013.
I was lazy-ing myself to not write the chapter.
Also, Ghost Friend has reached 1k reads! 🎉🎉
Thank you all for reading!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Note (2021.2.23):
I've had many comments responding to the "Morro is my second cousin??!" part.
And I'm tired of explaining it over and over so I'm just gonna write it here:
Making Y/n and Morro have the same element made it quite difficult for me because it meant that they had to be related somehow. And since Lloyd's grandfather made Ninjago or something (I don't really remember), it means that not many generations have passed, so Y/n and Morro should be closely related. The only relationship that made sense and could fit with what I wrote about the generations and stuff is making them first cousins. But since first cousin relationships are illegal and considered incest, I had to change it.
So I made them second cousins. I made it that Morro's father is Y/n's mother's cousin or something.
Also, I've researched about which relationships between cousins are legal. And I found out that the legal ones start with second cousins to third and fourth... Etc.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. I'd appreciate it. I just tried to make it logical that they have the same element.

I know this was long, but it's better writing it once for everyone and never repeating it again.
Thanks for reading again, bye.