But before he got the chance to strike, the storm spirit came to an abrupt halt a few meters from me as an icy spike pierced his chest.

The solid white shape stuck out from the whirling clouds that made up his torso like a dagger.

The look of hostility in his eyes quickly changed into one of confusion as he ripped his eyes from the dagger in his chest and back to me before exploding right in front of my eyes.

The air crackled with electricity and purple sparks as the storm spirit turned into MIST, the force of the explosion throwing me into the air before I sliding across the floor.

I barely managed to stop myself before I slipped over the edge of the temple.

Everyone looked shocked, the storm spirits included.

Following the direction the ice dagger had come from, my eyes flickered to the doorway once again where another figure was standing, ready for battle, his chest heaving up and down.

His eyes began glowing bright white as another icy spike appeared in his hand.

Bringing his arm behind his head, he sent another dagger toward one of the storm spirits with such speed that I almost didn't register it.

But it missed by an inch, and the purple glow in the spirits' eyes seemed to intensify as they took in the ice elemental in the doorway.

"San?" I said, scrambling to my feet as the aforementioned charged into the temple as well, joining the chaos as the rest of the group joined in on the fight with the storm spirits.

Fighting, minor storms, rumbling, and electric  sparks flew everywhere as the powers of the elements, fire, water, earth, and ice, as well as nature itself, clashed.

I barely missed the stones that Jongho summoned from the earth as he sent them flying in the storm spirits' direction with the help of Mingi's winds.

Several times, Yunho's floods brought me so close to the edge of the temple that I was convinced I would fall into the chasm below the mountain.

But I kept fighting, using my powers, though not to their full extent as I was still scared my fire would make the temple topple down on top of us if I made a wrong move.

We could practically taste the victory as we vaporized the third storm spirit, leaving only two, but a cry of pain made me turn around.

A wave of panic washed over me as I saw San crumble to the floor, skidding across the ice before hitting the pedestal with so much force that it broke down on top of him.

His eyes stayed closed.

I felt a surge of anger so strong that, for a moment, I was completely blinded with rage as I released a scream and the flames from my hands grew.

With one last push, I sent a wall of flames toward the two remaining storm spirits and, before collapsing, I felt a bitter satisfaction as I heard the sizzling sounds of the clouds vaporizing from the heat.

"Goddamn-" Mingi started to say, but I scrambled back up from the floor faster than he could get to me as I made my way over to San who was still laying on the floor, carefully taking his head into my hands.

It almost hurt physically to watch the man like this, and for a moment, I wondered why I was so careful with him.

A man I didn't know.

An element I wasn't supposed to be close to.

But I pulled him into my lap nonetheless.

Yunho staggered over to me, looking dazed as crimson blood ran down the side of his head.