chapter one

"How's your hangover?I looked at my friend annoyed, even with her drinking more last night, she somehow ended up being her usual perky self. But that's Darcy for you, loves partying and drinking and still ends up looking well rested. Though, it is nice to see her so bright, her loud voice wouldn't stop ringing in my ears. I grabbed my throbbing head and placed a finger to cover her mouth.

"Bro, Shut the fuck up!" I responded too loudly, causing heads to turn towards us in our unusually quiet on campus cafe.

Now all eyes were on me and my dear friend. The tension in the cafe thickened as I desperately tried to ignore it. Everyone was feeling dreary with some pulling all nighters to finish piles of assignments they ignored on Saturday and Sunday morning.

"Is it that bad?" She whispered.

I nodded back at her. I was tired as shit and my body refused to move so I swayed left and right. Finally the line moved up. I impatiently skipped to the barista, sprawling my hands out to balance my body on the counter. I gave the barista that stare. The usual squinty stare paired with furrowed brows. The stare that tells how our typical Sunday night partying went. We have been here far too many times for it to be a routine now. To the point where Carter, the barista, knows our regulars.

"Coffee, now," I spoke in a monotone voice.

"Must have had a bad night huh?" Carter hummed while tapping the large electric device on the counter.

I unwrapped my wallet and pulled out my card, scanning it on the bright red line next to the cashier. I went to find a seat while Darcy was ordering. Finally I took a seat at the corner near the window. As Darcy was walking towards me, I noticed how much better she looked next to me; with her porcelain skin along with her neatly straightened blond hair which resembled Barbie while mine poked out like a christmas tree on christmas morning. As we made ourselves comfortable, Darcy looked behind me with a confused look. Darcy opened her mouth, about to say something until, "Order for Darcy and order for Ferris!"

Yeah that's my name, at first when people hear it, they assume that I'm a boy. That reminds me of when I was in the third grade, my classmates and even my teacher thought I was a little boy because I had a pixie cut. That was up until it was picture day and I wore a dress everyone was so shocked. My parents named me after Ferris Bueller from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off ". Before I was born my mom made my dad watch all the John Hughes' movies and the day I was born they were watching "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" obviously. I used to hate it, until I watched the movie and the movie became the reason I loved my name.

Darcy flinched on her chair when she heard the barista call. She closed her mouth and completely ignored what she was going to tell me. Darcy walked away to retrieve both of our drinks. While Darcy was gone, my headache worsened from the screech and the sounds from my surroundings. It's a shame how the smell of the warm coffee shop doesn't seem to relieve it like always. Every Monday morning seems to get worse day by day because of my crazy friend and our excessive partying.

As she got back, she whispered, "Did you see the dude staring at us?"

I ignored her and desperately took a sip of my coffee, my headache felt lessened and I am finally able to function like a proper human being. I turned around to make a quick glance. As I was turning my head back, a cheeky grin appeared on his face. I quickly flinched and snapped my head back to face Darcy. Something about him seems familiar, yet I can't put my finger on it. He was quite handsome with his crystal green eyes along with his messy brunette hair. And damn, the dimple on his left cheek really made his smile pop. Though the dude dressed like he was homeless with a baggy hoodie, and sweatpants, the look somehow suited him, in a good way.

"I feel like I know him from somewhere, probably from one of my classes," I murmured to Darcy.
"He's kind of hot," She whispered while ironically fanning her face.

I rolled my eyes at Darcy's comment and in an attempt to change the subject I asked, " did you finish the english essay?"
As soon as I brought up the essay, her face went dark. The bright smile that was plastered on her face moments ago went to a frown. She looked down while fidgeting with the hem of her shirt before shaking her head. It was typical of Darcy, she always gets too caught up with partying that she forgets her work. But she still somehow ends us finishing it and gets a better grade than I.

We had the same english course but Darcy is a fashion major and I am a business major. Me and Darcy actually met in 10th grade english class, we were sitting beside each other and we both noticed we had 'Maze runner' books, we both started to excitedly talk about the book series and our love for Dylan O'brien, forming our friendship.

While Darcy plays with her shirt, you still couldn't ignore the stare that pierces your back. It was uncomfortable and it felt like you're being judged. I went on the camera app to use as a temporary mirror, and Woah, I look almost identical to the girl from the Ring. Messy hair and supposed to be dead.

Darcy looked at her phone, she nudged my shoulder and said, "I think we should get to class now,"

author's note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to seeing red.

The story is written in first person

It is also our first story so hope you enjoy it!