Chapter 11 - The Lakehouse

Date: 21st April, 2015
Time: 14:30
Objective: Infiltrate and Retrieve Critical Data Drives

Location: Michigan, 25 Cass street, Lake Huron, MI

After a very Tiring and Long Hike, Rachael and I were in position at the location Wren had given us Along with the assignment. Rachael was acting as my Lookout, A sniper rifle ready on her end.

"Enjoy the hike?" Rachael asked, Giggling

"Ha! Ha... Next time You're coming out here." I replied, Tired and frustrated.

It was a near Two hour hike, Even with the area that big, I got lost and had gone off track. It was not fun at all.

I was outside the gate, Preparing for a silent infiltration.

"Hey Wren, can we get pizza?" Rachael asked over the intercom.

"Excuse me? Mission starting? Kinda Important." I reminded Rachael.

"Fine. Get to it then." She replied.

I broke open the gate strategically, Making sure it wouldn't seem too suspicious from a Guard's Point of View. There were too many guards around, I had to keep it silent, Or rather, Make it look as if the place was Undisturbed.

As I broke into the house, Keeping silent and staying out of sight, A big Heavy metal door was looking right at me.

Rachael Saw it as well, Using her sniper scope.

"Heeey, That's a heavy door. Bet they got something good in there." She said.

"Let's break it then." I replied.

I went around the house, Finding a safe room to put down my equipment. I had a silent drill, Some medkits, My scrambler, Some charges, But nothing would help me break down the Metal door fast enough. The only resort was to look for a code. I set down my equipment, And went out of the safe room.

"I need a disguise if I'm gonna keep roaming about." I said.

"Speak of the devil, Heads up, Guard coming your way." Rachael Informed.

I took cover, Waiting for the perfect time to strike. The guard walked right pass me, Not even noticing that I was behind him. I put him in a chokehold and Made him unconscious. I then Grabbed the disguise, And Hid his body In a Chest that was in the safe room. Hopefully No one would bother it.

As I roamed about into the garage, A bag of thermite was sitting there on the shelf.

"Hey, We got some thermite here." I Informed Both Wren and Rachael.

"Thermite, you say?" Rachael Perked up.

"Burn the place down." She said Evilly while giggling to herself.

"Rose, No. We're here to investigate." Wren Told her.

"Aw. No fun" She pouted.

I went into the office, And searched through the files. I already Had my weapons armed should something not go as planned. In the files, I found a code.

"1602" I said.

"Get the door Open." Wren Instructed.

I went back down, Entering the code for the heavy metal door.

It opened.

I went in, Going down the stairs that lead to the basement, Closing the metal door behind me.

As I went down, No guards were in sight. I was clear to search around.

"Alright then. Let's see what's going on here." I said

"Be Careful..." Rachael said. She meant it. The tone she used to say it, It felt Warm.

There was a server room. Pretty easy to break through. I used the scrambler And Opened the gate. There were several server boxes and a Computer. I started the hack on the computer and got Both Wren And Rachael Access.

"This is... Wow. Alright. They haven't wiped the servers yet." Rachael said.

"Rose? We got a problem." Wren said.

"Hang On, I'm almost done with this." Rachael said

"Rose! That convoy isn't Phoenix! It's Steel cove!" Wren Warned.

"What?! How?! We're done here! Clear out!"

I didn't need to be told a second time.
I immediately grabbed what I could. They server boxes were too heavy to bring them along, So instead I started to extract the data with a thumb drive I brought.

I needed time to extract the data. It was gonna take me at least 2 minutes. Tops.

Over the Intercom, I heard Wren and Rachael Arguing.

"Abort the mission, Wren, You're not getting my team killed For this."

"Negative, We can't abort this operation. We need to know what's going on here." He replied.

"Wren! Abort. The. Mission!"

"Have some faith Rose, Your team will be fine."

"I can handle this." I cut in. I wanted to reassure Rachael.

And right on time, The extraction was done.

"That's Everything I think. Clear out, Now!" Rachael Said.

I grabbed the thumb drive and made a run for it. I went back up, Grabbed my bag and went straight towards the way I came in from. Steel cove had already arrived, And they were on my back. I put the thumb drive in my bag and threw my bag over the fence. It took some Parkour skills to vault over the fence.

I ran As far as I could after grabbing my bag.

"Hey Rose, I got a surprise for you. Keep your eye on the Lakehouse." I said

"Why?" She asked, Even though she still did it.

"Because..." I said, making a 'call' on a very old cell phone.

Behind me, the Lakehouse blew up. It was like a firework show. For Rose at least.

"Damn, Zero. You Don't mess around do you?" She asked, Clearly happy with what I did.

"I aim to please." I said. I got into a van which I knew was my evac.

Off It went, Back to base. I went back to my bunk, only to find Rachael already Unpacking.

"How?" I asked.

"A lady never tells." She said.

"Yea? Especially a ruthless yet elegant Lady who Explicitly loves Explosions?" I asked, Laughing

"That, And well..." She said, Walking closer to me seductively.

"Well, What?" I said.

"I also Love a certain guy who aims to please me." She said.

She was referring to me. She looked straight into my eyes and went for a kiss. One which I could melt comfortably into.

"Lets go to bed." She said.

"Please, I'm tired from that hike."

Both of us went straight to bed, Knowing we were going to Get a long good night's sleep.