"...bye", he said.

Diamond hung up the phone and sighed.

————————————————

After getting off the phone with Diamond, Kendrick began to call Vanessa. Before he hit call, Payton knocked at the door.

"Dr. Mills", she said as she peaked through.

"Come back in like five minutes", he said.

"Oh..okay", she said as she walked back out and closed the door.

Kendrick called Vanessa and she answered the phone.

"What's going on with y'all now?", Vanessa asked.

"I was hoping you could answer that", Kendrick said.

"I don't know what you're talking about", Vanessa said.

"I just got off the phone with Diamond and... I don't know something doesn't seem right. I was hoping she talked to you about something", Kendrick said.

"First things first. What goes on between me and Diamond's conversations stays between me and her", Vanessa said.

"That wasn't the case when you was telling me all about her and Brian", Kendrick said.

"That's different. I couldn't stand him. He didn't deserve her", Vanessa said. "But I
She hasn't said anything to-"

As Vanessa stopped talking, Kendrick waited for her to finish her sentence. "Hello?", he said.

"Um that's her calling me right now. Let's see what you done did now", Vanessa said. "You know I was really rooting for you"

"I didn't do anything", Kendrick said.

"We'll see about that", Vanessa said. "Bye"

Vanessa hung up and Kendrick moved his phone from his ear and placed it on his desk. He didn't understand why Diamond was calling Vanessa after she just rushed him off the phone saying she had to tend to the baby.

Kendrick put his white coat on and grabbed what he needed and walked out of his office.

—————————————————

"Hello?", Vanessa said as she answered Diamond's call.

"Hey", Diamond said.

"What's up?", Vanessa asked.

Diamond sighed. "Too much. Brian keeps fussing at me because he doesn't like Kendrick watching Ayanna but really I just think he's mad because he isn't Alyssa's dad and Kendrick is going to ask me to marry him", Diamond said.

"Let's ignore the subject about Brian because he doesn't even deserve to be the topic of conversation but did you just say that Kendrick is going to ask you to marry him! Oh my gosh! Congratulations!", Vanessa said excitedly.

"No. Not congratulations. I'm not going to say yes", Diamond said.

"Why not?", Vanessa asked. "He's perfect. He cares about you, he got money, his parents love you, he has money, he treats you like his queen and did I mention that he got money?"