Chaper 37

The next week of today Diamond was off from work and Brian was getting ready to work for the night. Diamond has told Brian that she picked up a night shift.

"Oh I'm working tomorrow night", Diamond said.

"You ain't think to run that by me??", Brian asked. "I gotta work tomorrow night too"

"Okay and?", Diamond said.

"And Ayanna Diamond", Brian said.

"Kelly agreed to watch her", Diamond said.

"Kelly shouldn't have to worry about watching her all the time, that ain't her child", Brian said.

"Brian, I work, she agreed. It's done", Diamond said.

Brian shook his head.

"What?", Diamond asked.

"Nothing baby", he said.

Diamond walked to the other end of the room and picked up clothes to put in the basket for them to be washed.

"I'm going to work okay", he said.

"Alright"

Brian walks to her and grabs her head and kisses her. "I love you", he said.

"I love you too", she replied. "Be safe"

"Thank you", Brian said. "Y'all be safe too"

Diamond nods.

Brian leaves and diamond continued to gather clothes. She looks and sees his wallet and rushes downstairs to catch him for he pulls off.

Diamond walks outside and he hasn't pulled off yet. Diamond walked to the car and he rolled down his window.

"Yes?", he asked.

"Your wallet", she said.

"Oh thanks", he said.

He took the wallet and diamond watch him put it in his cup holder and suddenly he quickly leans for but before he did, Diamond noticed a small box of condoms.

"But um I should get to work", he said.

"....okay", Diamond said.

"What's wrong?", he asked.

"Nothing", Diamond said.

"You sure?", he asked.

Diamond nods. "Have a good night at work", she said as she stepped back from from the car and smiled slightly.

Brian nods. "Be safe alright?", he said.

"I'd safe the same to you but karma isn't so forgiving", Diamond said.

"What?", Brian said.

"Go ahead I don't want you to be late for work", she said as she walked away.

Brian sat back once she walked away. He took the box of condoms and put it in his arm rest. They he pulled out the drive way.

Diamond went to the house and crying. When she walked through the door she saw Ayanna playing with her toys so she turned and faced the door to wipe her tears.

Ayanna gets up and walks to Diamond whose back is facing her. "Mommy I'm hungry"

Diamond goes back to her normal expression trying to hide back her sadness. "You wanna go to a restaurant?", she asked.

Ayanna nods.

"Okay. Let's go", Diamond said.

———————————————————