Twelve

"All Good"

Zonnique.

The remainder of my time in the hospital was filled with nothing but joy. My mother and father surprised me with a younger sibling that is on the way. I really hope and pray that it's not Mr. Broadnax's baby. Speaking of the Broadnax's. Jacquees and my mother are able to be in the same room without the tension. He didn't blame either one of us for the affair but it was too much for him to swallow. His parents are still finalizing their divorce but I don't think they should. They've been married for twenty years. I understand my mother came and broke that up but I would stand beside my husband and work out the issue but I can't really speak on it since I haven't been in that situation.

The sound of my hospital door opening broke me away from my thoughts. I stopped folding my clothes and looked up to see Jacquees entering the room. I smiled then walked over to him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back then slid his hands down to my ass and gave it a light squeeze. I swatted his shoulder and pulled away, giggling.

"What have I told you about that?" I said, walking back to the hospital bed.

"It still hasn't phased me." He chuckled then leaned against the wall.

"Whatever. You know it's my last day in here so we can talk about us." I said then turned to face him with a small smile.

He nodded. "Hmm...where do I start?" He pausd, thinking. "Okay. I might've been wrong for blaming you for what happened and misdirecting my anger toward you when you had nothing to do with it but you didn't understand what I was going through."

I sighed. "I figured that's how you felt but I apologize. I mean it, too. I should've been more understanding instead of jumping to defense of myself and my mother when the whole thing was wrong from the beginning."

He smiled then placed his hands into his pockets. "Okay. I mean, I'd defend my ma', too, so I'm not mad about that. Just good to know you understand where I come from."

"Yeah. Good to know we can both be on the same page. Now can I get another one of your infamous hugs?" I joked then held out my arms to him like a toddler reaching for their mother.

He chuckled then pushed himself off the wall and sauntered over to me then wrapped his arms tightly around my body. I rested my chin on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his back. He rocked us side to side as I inhaled his scent. This moment was special to me because I'd been contemplating on being with Jacquees. As his girlfriend and not just somebody to "talk" to. My feelings for him actually grew. He'd visited me everyday while I was in the hospital and that shows how much he cares so why not give him a chance.

He pulled back, but still held me. Our noses and lips were centimeters away and I went in for the kill. I fluttered my eyes shut once our lips touched. He pulled me closer to him and gripped my ass in his hands causing me to whimper. I bit down onto his bottom lips then pecked it before restarting our make out session. He angled his head slightly, giving me more access to his tongue.

"Oh my!"

The sound of those words caused us to separate quickly. I rubbed the back of my neck out of embarrassment and I could feel my face heating up. Ms. Rosie had came to tell me and Jacquees goodbye.

"I'm pretty sure I'll see you again, Ms. Zonnique. Maybe in the credits or on a world tour." She said, giving me a hug.

I smiled at her compliment. "Thank you, Ms. Rosie, but I'm not looking to be an entertainer. I'm actually going to college for government. Maybe a lawyer or something in that category."

"Oh. That's even better, honey. Anything you do I'm sure it'll be a success." She boasted with a smile.

"Thank you, once again, Ms. Rosie." I said softly.

My time in here, I'd grown really close to Ms. Rosie. She's so down to earth and a sweet person at heart. Never once of my two weeks in the hospital has she done any wrong to me. She made sure I was taken care of when my mother had to go off to work or when Que had school. She's literally like a second mother to me and I love her like one.

"Bye, Rodriquez." She said, stepping away from me and toward him.

He smiled nervously as she hugged him. He was tense at first before relaxing and holding his mother. Yes, his mother. After some nights of no sleep and a bunch of research, we finally narrowed it down to two and one being Ms. Rosie. I slyly asked her if she'd ever had any kids and she gave me an honest answer which was yes and she had to put him up for adoption. She sat down on my bed and gave me the full story as to why she had to do so. It wasn't because she couldn't take care of him or any cliche story like that. His dad was the leader of a very ruthless gang and she didn't want her son to follow in those footsteps. Basically, she saved his life because if his father died, he had to take over and become the next king. She didn't want to have to worry about that so she gave him away so he wouldn't have to deal with it. I find that very brave of her. It wasn't her being selfish by giving him away so she could go to college or so she could live her life. She was doing something good. She said she thought about him everyday.

"You have my number so call me anytime you need me. Okay?" She said to Jacquees.

He nodded. "Ight, ma. I'll call you every night. That sound better?" He suggested.

"Perfect." She beamed, smiling.

She kissed his cheek then exited the room, leaving us alone. I turned to him once I'd finished loading my clothes into my bag.

"You ready?" He asked then grabbed his keys from his hoodie.

"Yeah. I'm ready." I said then began walking toward the door.

Yeah. I'm ready for a lot things.

________________________________

Probably short and boring but a slight filler.

How do feel about Jacquees finally finding his mother?

Do you think Jacquees and Zonnique should start dating ASAP or wait a little while longer?

What do you think about their talk? Is everything really resolved and cleared out?