Five

"Jealousy"

Jacquees.

Zonnique and I held hands with our fingers locked as we entered the scool building together. She kissed my cheek which made me smile. I could see every girl staring at us with salt evident in their faces.

"Why they keep at staring at us," She asked with attitude.

"Baby, chill. They probably just jealous you on my arm and--"

Breaunna approached us with her hands on her hip and a mug on her gorgeous face. "I thought she was just a friend, Rodriquez. Guess she is one of your new hoes."

"Hoe? Who you callin' a hoe, hoe," Zonnique shouted as I pushed her behind me which made her even more furious.

"Take that shit on somewhere else," I said, waving her off before turning around to calm Zonnique.

"Really? You--"

"He said go somewhere, bitch," Zonnique shouted and fanned her hand away.

A teacher who was on duty made their way over to the small altercation. "Is there a problem, Mr.Broadnax?"

"Na--"

"Yes. This little thing won't leave me and my man alone," Zonnique said with a smirk.

She turned to Breaunna. "Ms.Womack, please leave these two alone."

"But Mrs--"

"Not another word. Go," She said sternly.

Breaunna glared at us before stomping away. The teacher followed behind her shortly after. I stared at Zonnique who had her arms folded and a scowl on her face. I grabbed her belt loops and pulled her to me. I kissed her pouty lips which she tucked in as soon as my lips touched them.

"Baby, why you playin," I chuckled.

"Learn to control your hoes," She said while holding my ears and playing with my earlobe.

"Alright. I got you," I said then pecked her lips.

She giggled. "Bye, Rodriquez." She turned away from me then headed to her first class. I chuckled then headed in the opposite direction to the athletics department.

Once I made it to the locker room to put my bag away, Issa bombarded me with a big ass smile.

"I see you the one who had the magic to turn her out. You the real MVP, fam," He said, guiding me toward the rest of the team.

"What," I asked, confused.

"Zonnique," He exclaimed. "Every guy has been trying to get at her and she just friend zones them or doesn't even give them the time of day, but you, Que," He dramatically wiped his forehead. "You changed that."

"Okay? I didn't change anything. She knows what she wants and how to get it. I didn't force it on her or nothing," I said nonchalantly.

"You smashed didn't you?"

"No. She's not like that," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Then what did you do," He asked with his eyebrows scrunched together.

"I don't know," I answered honestly. I laughed while shaking my head then proceeded to opening my locker.

"You did something and you not sharing. I'm your cousin for crying out loud. Just tell me. Please," He pleaded.

"Man, you sound like a bitch," I joked. "But I'm not saying anything. My secret."

I shoved my gym bag into the locker then closed it as he continued to stare at me with his arms folded. "You act like Ima take her," He said.

"Never said you would, but you know you gotta big mouth and I'm not about to risk that. She's pretty sacred about her life, so no," I declined then exited the locker room.

Niggas these days.

Zonnique.

As I walked down the hall for third period, my mind did nothing but think of all the negative things that could happen being with Jacquees. I don't want to step out on him with another woman because that's what I'm used to. I don't want him to cheat on me because he has hella hoes. I would be extremely hurt since he would be my first real boyfriend. We're not dating yet, but I hope some time soon.

I turned the corner down the almost empty hall and the next thing I knew, I was being yanked into the janitors closet. I almost screamed until a familiar giggle haulted me. I looked at Robyn with a scowl.

"Don't do that. You scared me and what do you need? I'm going to be late to class," I huffed.

"Why haven't you been returning my calls or answering any text," She asked, playing with the ends of her shirt.

"I've been busy," I answered, half lying.

"Busy? Oh. With what exactly?"

"Robyn," I sighed. "I can't mess around with you any--"

"Bre was right. You are messing with Que. I thought it was just some rumor, but it's fine. You do you," She said, stifling her sobs.

With that, she exited the room, leaving me in guilt. The bell rung and I sighed then exited right after her, only to bump into Breaunna. She smirked.

"Looks like somebody dipped back into old habits," She said, shaking her head.

"Oh, please. Mind your fucking business and stay out of mine," I spat then bumped past her.