Chapter 20

{Sonny's p.o.v.}

The insults just keep getting worse. I can't take it anymore.

I am standing on the edge of the roof. I could just end it right now, nobody would miss me, not even my parents. Those low-lives would probably be glad that they didn't have another mouth to feed.

I lean foreward, looking down at the ground below.

I....I can't do it.

I step away from the edge and sit down on the roof, staring out at the city. Funny, the song Never Too Late by Three Days Grace is going through my head and I almost commited suicide.

I look down at my watch, it's almost 7. My parents will be home in an hour.

I sighed as I started climbing down to my window. If I can't end it, then I'll just run from everything else.

I climbed in and looked around my small room. My backpack was thrown to the side, my bed was a mess, dirty clothes in a pile in the corner.

I emptied my backpack of it's contents and went to my closet. I grabbed some jeans, a couple of shirts and other clothing items and folded them so they would fit in my backpack.

Then, I lifted my matress to reveal the money I had saved over the years. In total, there was about $50, I shoved the bills in my pocket and the coins in the front pocket of my bag. Next, I headed to the bathroom and packed essential supplies that I would need sooner or later.

My bag was weighing down so I couldn't pack any food, but I'll buy some when I find a place far enough away.

I grabbed two water bottles from the kitchen and without another look, I headed out the door.

When I made it down to the streets, I looked both ways, and ran to the other side.

I decided to stick to the allies so I wouldn't end up spotted by somebody who knew me.

I walked, and walked, for hours.

I looked down at my watch to see it was almost midnight.

It had gotten too dark in the ally to see anything so I was now trudging along on the empty sidewalk.

Suddenly, a large gust of wind came out of nowhere. It felt like something passed overhead, but I don't see anything.

I shrugged it off and kept walking.

*meow*

I stopped.

*meow* *meow*

I looked into the next ally and saw a brown and white cat. I slowly entered the ally and made my way towards it. When it saw me, it arched it's back and hissed at me.

I put my bag down and lowered down to it's level slowly. It growled at me, but didn't move. That's when I noticed that one of it's back paws was slightly lifted off the ground. It must have sprained it.

"Shhh, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." 

I held my hand out to it, my palm facing up, and stayed still.

It stopped growling and stared at me. Slowly, it limped up to me cautiously. 

"That's it, girl. I won't hurt you. I want to be friends."

The cat sniffed my hand, then rubbed it's head against it.

"There we go." I said, smiling.

*meow*

It started to purr as I stroked it's head.

"Come here, girl."

I picked up the cat and kept stroking it while it laid in my lap.

"Looks like we both need some love."

Suddenly, the gust of wind returned, but now I could see it's source.

I stared in fear and awe as a giant space craft flew above me. The cat ran away, but I stayed where I was. I came to my senses when I saw a glowing thing speeding down toward me. I ran down the ally, but it was no use.

The thing hit me in the head and a slimy substance was splashed all over me. I fell to the ground and screamed in pain. It felt as if the substance was burning me alive!

My clothes began to rip, my head was pounding, my back ached, my legs felt like they were being torn off! I screamed in pain again, but it came out more like a yowl. I could feel my teeth growing longer and sharper and my clothes ripped apart as I grew larger!

I yowled in pain once more before passing out.

****************************************************
Okay first things first, if you havn't heard the song Never Too Late by  Three Days Grace, I highly suggest it, and really any of there songs. I was listening to them while writing this chapter. Anywho, please tell me what you think in the comments, and/or vote, and/or share!