Freak Like Me (chapter 3)

The turtles started to advance on me! My tail bushed up and my back arched, trying to make myself look bigger as I was still on all fours. I hissed at them, showing my sharp teeth. The tall one in a purple mask looked at me in…what was that…amazement? “Fascinating!” he exclaimed, “She appears to be half cat and half human!” I recognized his voice as the know-it-all. “She must have been hit with some mutagen.” The tall turtle looked at me with guilt in his amber-brown eyes. Why would he feel guilty? I thought. 

My stomach growled and I remembered why I came here in the first place. I glanced quickly at the food, but the tall turtle saw this. He snapped his head toward the little turtle in the orange mask, who was closest to the food. “Mikey, toss me a slice of pizza.” He said, intending for me not to understand, but I understood English. I smirked slightly at this. 

“Really, Donnie? You're eating right now?” the one in the blue mask asked, who I assumed was the leader. Donnie rolled his eyes, “No, I'm going to give it to her.” I was shocked, he was going to give me food! “Oh.” The others replied, and Mikey tossed him a slice of pizza. I really didn't care what it was called, it was food! 

Donnie looked me in the eye and held the pizza out to me. I glanced at their weapons and wondered if it was a trap. “Guys, drop your weapons.” Donnie ordered, his eyes not leaving mine. “But-“ they started to argue but Donnie gave them a swift glare, seeming to say ‘just do it’. They all lowered their weapons to the floor. 

Donnie looked me in the eye again and smiled a gap toothed grin, which I admit was pretty cute. “Come here, kitty.” He cooed. 

Oh no, he did not just call me kitty! Well, I decided to shock them. 

I smiled back and stood on my haunches. Standing as tall as possible, I walked up to the tallest turtle, who wasn't that taller than me when I stood at full height. All four of them stared at me as I took the pizza from Donnie's hand. I smiled again at him and gave him a little peck on the cheek. “Thanks for the food.” I said. 

As I started to walk away, he grabbed my tail. “Wait!” 

Big mistake buddy. 

Without even realizing it, I turned and raked my claws across his arm, he instantly released me. “Ah!” he yelped in shock as he covered the scratches with his other hand. 

When I came to my senses, I dropped the food and gasped. “Oh my gosh, you grabbed my tail and I…I'm so sorry!” I turned and ran as fast as I could on all fours. 

************************************************************************

 Again, this is set afterall those mutagen canisters fell. So, tell me what you think of my OC in the comments. Bye!