Chapter 17

{Dream/Memory 3rd person}

Sonny and Donnie were in the lab. Donnie was at the computer, typing away, while Sonny laid on her stomach on her table.(A/N Yes, she hangs out in the lab so much it's been claimed as her's) Her tail swished from side to side as she watched Donnie work like she does everyday. "What are you doing this time?" she asked.

"Working on the formula for retro-mutagen." he replied, his eyes never leaving the screen.

"What's that?"

Donnie sighed and turned to face her. She was now looking at him upside down, her long hair almost touching the floor.

"Well, it's supposed to turn mutants back into their orignial form."

Sonny tilted her head, still upside down, "You mean there are more like us?"

Donnie chuckled, "Yeah, lots more."

He turned back to the computer, "I've been trying to perfect it so I can return April's dad back to normal, and Master Splinter. But once I make enough I could turn you human again too, Sonny."

He turned to look at her again and jumped when she was right there in his face. Sonny smiled and laughed at his reaction. He blushed in response. When she was done laughing, Sonny shook her head and smiled at Donnie, showing off her feline fangs. "Why would I want that?"

"B-because you'll be able to go back to your normal life." Donnie was slightly uncomfortable about how close she was but he also liked it.

Sonny laughed again, "Donnie, I don't remember what kind of life I had before, but I sure as shell wouldn't want to go back to it after meeting you guys!"

Donnie blushed red and so did Sonny.

Then she smirked and stepped back.

"I mean look at these babies," she said as she unsheathed her claws, "I wouldn't want to lose them, or my awesome tail!" She turned and waved her tail at him.

They both laughed and smiled. Niether of them wanted this to end, but it did.

Donnie woke up in his bed, clutching the sheets and curled up in a ball. Sonny woke up slowly, shakingly pushing herself up from the floor as she gazed around the wrecked living room.

Both had tears in their eyes as they said, "I miss you."

********************************************************
Oh man, even I have tears in my eyes! And I'm the one who wrote it! Please Comment, Vote, and Share!
*cough* *cough* Sorry...