10 Days (Part Two)

Of course my mother would invite him. She must really hate me, only she would invite Dustin over to watch me for the day. I mean who else would let there daughter's ex-boyfriend stay the entire day with her and not to mention, alone. This is just a recipe for disaster and I can't do anything about it. I sometimes wonder about my mother's sanity, and wish she were like a normal mother, but I think she trusts me . . . What fun is that?

Dustin smirked down at my awedtruck face, "Aren't you supposed to let me in, princess?"

I glared back at him, "Why are you even here. You don't even like me."

His smile faltered and he returned my glare, "I may not be dating you anymore, but don't you doubt for one second my care and love for you."

I blinked, bewildered. He still loves me. I backed away slowly, not removing my eyes from his face. He just walked in, not bothering to spare me a second glance. In the distance I could her Dustin quietly greeting and conversing with my mother in the kitchen where I had left her.

I walked almost absent-mindedly foward, before closing the front door and following Dustin into the kitchen.

"Mom," I growled, "would you like to explain what he is doing here?"

"Don't be stupid, Samantha," she began, shooting a serious glare at me, "I told you earlier. Dustin is staying here with you."

I could practically feel the smile forming on Dustin's face when she used his name instead of adopting the term him. I grimaced knowing very well what she expected to come from today's events.

"Why? Is having only ten days left to live not enough of a punishment," I asked accusingly, "but now you had to hire a babysitter as well?"

My mother stared at me, clearly not pleased with my resentful outburst, while Dustin, who I still refused to look at, coughed uncomfortably before silently excusing himself from the room with no acknowledgement from neither my mother nor I.

"That was uncalled for, Samantha," she scolded me, "besides, I don't care. I am the mom and you will do as I say. Like it, or not, Dustin is staying."

I groaned, "Whatever. Just don't be gone for too long."

She pulled a face at that, "See that's the thing... Dustin will be staying for more than just today, he's staying until Saturday. I'm going out of town for a bit of research."

"Mom," I gasped, "you know that is not okay! Right?! Please tell me you aren't going insane!"

"Oh stop it Sam, you know if there were anyway I could stay, I would. Besides, wasn't it you who practically pushed me to go back to work?"

I sighed, knowing she was right and having no choice on the matter either way. But did Dustin really have to stay here? Why couldn't she just have left me by myself like a normal mother and just call to check in every few hours?

Mom smiled knowing she had caught me tongue-tied. "Now, make sure you run the dish washer and vacuum the living room before I get back. I should be home by noon tomorrow," and with that she kissed my forehead and said a quick good-bye before walking into the living room to grab the last of her things and heading out the door.

Well I guess I can't spend the rest of my day staring at the refrigerator now can I? But what am I to do? Go out there and pretend nothing happened, like we were best-friends? Or maybe even just go straight to my room without as much as a glance in his direction?

But no. Being me, I just have to do what I can to piss people off, and in this case that involved me sitting my pretty little ass on the sofa next to Dustin, taking the remote and turning on the one thing I know he hates more than he hates people who put clothes on dogs... Watching the Vampire Diaries.

See one time, when we were dating...

***FLASHBACK***

"No, Dustin! You picked out the last show we watched, now you get to watch one of mine," I whined, using my full out puppy face that he could never say no to.

"Alright, alright, just stop pouting. It's a total turn on," he smirked mischievously.

"Okay," I smiled while placing a quick kiss on his lips.

***30 minutes later***

"What the hell?! This show sucks! Elena can NOT leave Stefan for DAMON. Of all people! His own brother! Damon is an asshole anyways! I mean who does that, especially when all he does is hurt Elena... I can't even finish this."

"Um... Dustin... Are you going to be okay?"

***END OF FLASHBACK***

"No," was all Dustin said, however it was enough for an evil smirk to form on my face.

***45 minutes later***

"What the hell is wrong with you woman?!" Dustin screamed at the television, "First, you 'love' Stefan, then you 'love' Damon, and now you want Stefan back!? Oh hell-to-the-no! He is too good for you ho!"

"T-t-that is is Kat-kath-Katherine," I stuttered between fits of laughter.

"WHAT THE HELL! YOU MEAN KATHERINE IS A TRAVELER?! When did this happen, and why didn't you tell me?"

I stopped laughing in that moment, "I didn't think you would care."

Dustin turned to look at me, assessing me for a minute, "Do you want to know why I watched this show with you?"

I nodded slowly, turning to face him as well.

"Because, I didn't care what we were doing as long as I was with you. We could be watching baseball, or 'The Vampire Diaries' and I would still love every second of it because I was with you. And after every episode, I could lean over and kiss you, because we may not have a perfect love story, but it's ours."

And with every word; every truth, I fought to keep myself from bursting into tears. I could practically taste the truth dripping from every single one of his words, and it pained me to hear them.

"Was. It was our love story," I corrected.

Dustin just shook his head, "Why must you always do that?"

I opened my mouth to ask what exactly he meant by that, but he cut me off.

With a kiss.

(A/n): Well guys, 1,082 words not including this authors note! I know it's been a while since my last update... Like forever if we're being honest. But I just wanted to say a few things:

1.) do you guys even like this story?

2.) how many of you have actually watched the Vampire Diaries?

And 3.) who else gets that god dammed song to the side stuck in their head?

Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this part!

Love always,

Mary.