Part Twenty-Three

"Thank you so much for everything, everyone," You speak to the group of people surrounded in your room. You have most of your things packed up, and you're preparing to leave the hospital, but first, you wanted to thank everyone for helping you out. Melody, Basho, Bisky, Hanzo and Izunavi are gathered around you and Kurapika as you continue thanking them, "I understand that Kurapika cashed in some favors to ask for your help.."

Kurapika's eyes widen and his mouth parts slightly in surprise, as he turns to you, questioning, "How did you-"

Leorio rubs the back of his neck and whistles, trying to look nonchalant, earning a glare from Kurapika. He sweats, a guilty look present on his face, "Sorry, Kurapika.. It just slipped out."

"But if it's possible, I'd like to ask if you can consider these favors for me instead," You start, all eyes on you, "I know not all of you know me very well. But I'd hate to take any opportunities away from Kurapika. I can't really offer you all anything.."

"There's no need," Izunavi quickly waves you off, "We're all doing this since we're Kurapika's friends."

Bisky nods to this, "Neither of you owe us anything. We're just happy to help."

Melody also nods, a soft smile on her face, "We would do anything for Kurapika."

Basho offers you both a thumbs-up, and a huge grin, while Hanzo just smiles widely, also nodding in agreement.

Kurapika pauses for a moment, before smiling and taking a step forward, his fingers interlaced with yours. "I cannot thank all of you enough for all of your assistance. I am truly grateful that I have such great friends."

Leorio elbows him in the side with a smug grin on his face, "You're welcome."

Kurapika simply rolls his eyes at him, before giving your hand a squeeze, and turning his gaze towards you, "Thank you, (Y/N). Although, things didn't go how you intended, the sentiment is what really matters."

You beam up at him, "Of course. I'd do anything for you, Kurapika." You look towards the bodyguards again, saying, "Thank you. I hope that we can see each other again soon."

"I'm sure that we will!" Comez Hanzo's cheerful response, "A ninja like me can be found in the most unlikely places!"

You chuckle at this, as does Melody, who adds, "Kurapika and I generally stay in touch."

Leorio pouts at this, watching the floor intently, he mumbles, "Hmph, must be nice."

"Kurapika is a bad texter!!" Calls Gon from the other side of the room.

Killua quickly nods to this, saying, "And a bad caller."

Leorio turns to face them, explaining, "He's better with emails, but not much."

Kurapika lets out an annoyed sigh, silencing their lively conversation, "..I understand, and I apologize. I'll try to be better in the future."

"Bet you always answered (Y/N)'s calls.." Leorio mumbles to himself, causing everyone in the room to chuckle.

Kurapika shoots him a glare, while you watch him with a smirk on his face. However, you feign innocence when he looks back towards you. "Perhaps we should finish packing?" He asks you with a smile, trying to change the subject.

"Okay, I've only got a few things left," You respond, letting go of his hand and walking towards the bag set on your bed. You start to pack some of your leftover things in it.

He nods to this, before looking back at his bodyguard friends, "I will see you all out." You wave goodbye to them, and they all wave goodbye, before exiting the room. Basho and Kurapika talk for a minute before he leaves the hospital. Bisky leaves next, then Hanzo. Melody stays around for a second to talk to Kurapika.