Part Eighteen

"Come on, (Y/N)! You can do it!" Leorio cheers from the sidelines.

"You're gonna make it! I know you will!" Your older brother Bennett cheers alongside everyone else.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Their cheers only seem to get louder and louder in your ears. It feels like everyone in the physical therapy lounge is watching you, waiting for you to take that first step.

"I can do this! I know I can do this." You repeat to yourself over and over again as you try to find the courage to move forward. "This should be easy for me."

You look up, familiar faces surrounding you on all sides. "Where did all of these people come from? There's so many.." You look around, taking in all of your surroundings.

"You're weak." A deep voice says from behind you, "I sense no nen off of you." A familiar face comes into view, Hisoka. "If you can't even learn how to walk, how do you expect to ever learn nen again?"

You look down, clenching your teeth, "I'll learn! I'll show you! I can do this."

"You're weak, my dear," The magician appears directly in front of you, in between the rails of the walking bars. He grabs your chin and forces you to look up at him, "Just accept it. You will never be as powerful as you were before. You are just a broken toy."

"I'm not here for your amusement, Hisoka!" You stand up straight and take a step, stumbling as your legs have already given out, "W-what..? But I barely moved.."

"You are weak. That's why you need Kurapika to protect you. But don't be embarrassed, dear, I'm sure he'll still like you when he realizes."

"Hisoka, stop!" You plead, his taunting seeming endless. But he continues on and on, until Kurapika appears behind him.

"I never noticed before, (Y/N). I never understood how weak you really are. I would do better off if I left you."

"Kurapika, no!" You call out to him, unable to move towards him, stuck in place. "I'm sorry! I'll do better! Just don't go! Please! Stay with me!"

"-Don't go, Kurapika, Don't-"

A gentle shaking throws you out of your nightmare and back into the real world. You sit up abruptly, sweat dripping down your forehead.

"Are you okay, Cloak? It looked like you were having a nightmare?" Izunavi wonders, a concerned expression on his face.

You try to calm your heart, but it feels like it's beating out of your chest, "I-um I'm fine." You look around for the Kurta, your anxiety getting worse when you notice he's nowhere to be found, "Where is Kurapika?"

"Whoa, calm down. Take a deep breath," He sets a hand on your back and realizes how much you're shaking. "Just breathe. I'll get Kurapika. It was only a dream."

You take shaky breath's as you try to calm yourself, but nothing seems to ease your anxiety. Izunavi gets on the phone with Kurapika and lets him know about your mental state. The blonde-haired man rushes to your room, and arrives only minutes later. He rushes to your bedside, and takes both of your hands in his, 

"Breath, (Y/N). I'm here, I'm not going anywhere," Comes his gentle voice.

You can't help yourself as the tears start to roll down your face, and you grab onto Kurapika, burying your face in his abdomen, "I'm sorry, Kurapika," Your voice comes between sobs, "I'll do better, I promise!"

He watches you with a heartbroken look on his face. He sits down on your bed, and pulls you closer to him, rubbing your back gently, and running his hands through your hair as you cry, "You are doing great, (Y/N). I am so proud of you and amazed by you everyday."