Shouto grunted as he shifted, looking down to Momo. "I don't know.. Last night I think.." he replied, seeing the eye roll from the nurse.

"I understand your concern for Creati, but you also need to rest yourself," she reminded him as she set her hand around his shoulders in an attempt to help move him away from her bedside. "Her life isn't in danger anymore and her body is trying to recover. She should wake up within the next few days," she informed him as they slowly left the room.

"That's pretty vague," Shouto muttered, wincing from the pain his entire body felt. "You said she's okay though..? Will her scars and body heal okay..?" he asked.

"Without Recovery Girl's help it'll be months before her body fully heals," the nurse informed him while accompanying him to his own room. "Once Creati wakes up it'll probably be a few days before her body can handle any form of treatment," she said as she opened the door for him.

Shouto limped in, trying to not appear as injured as he felt. He didn't like seeming weak. Even though he didn't care to think about it or admit, he was raised to be physically tough and strong — to not show any weakness. He made his way to his own bed and sat down, letting out a sigh of relief as his body was put at ease.

The nurse came to his side and handed him his meds that she had retrieved from his bedside table. "Take them all and then get some rest," she told him as he took the small paper cup of painkillers. "When she wakes up you don't want her to be worrying about you, do you?"

That realization just hit him. Shouto looked up at the nurse and then glanced away, knowing that Momo would in fact be worried about him over herself. "I'll rest..." he muttered before taking all the pills at once.

The nurse took the paper cup and handed him a small glass of water. Shouto took a sip and swallowed the pills. "Good. Recovery Girl will be making her rounds tomorrow around noon. Be sure to see if she can heal that knee of yours more," she told him, now taking her leave for the night.

"I will.. Thank you," he replied, watching her go.

The nurse left and Shouto was left alone. He flipped on the lamp beside his bed as he reclined back, making sure that he propped his leg up on a pillow. "Fuck I hate being injured.." he grumbled, wincing at the pain in his knee since his meds had yet to kick in.

He laid back on the single bed. It felt small and uncomfortable. And empty... Over the years he had gotten used to sleeping in Momo's large overly soft bed. In high school he still chose his own bed over hers, but after they graduated and moved in together they had agreed to have Momo's bed in their home. Shouto missed the feathery pillows, the mattress he could sink into after a long hard day, and most of all he missed his girlfriend at his side as he slept..

This sucks.. They could at least have put me in the same room as her.. he thought as he shut his eyes, feeling sleep beginning to take over.

The night slowly ticked away as time passed. The hospital was silent and still. The night staff did their rounds, checking on those who needed to be monitored. The nurse left Momo's room and headed down the hall to get herself a cup of coffee. As soon as her footsteps were out of earshot, Shouto exited his own room.

He quietly slid his door shut and slowly limped his way to Momo's next door. Can't sleep anyway... I just need to be with her... he told himself. His body and mind were exhausted from the past few days but he didn't care, he was only focused on being there for her when she woke up. Wake up already, Momo...

Shouto quietly entered Momo's room. It was dark, the only lights came from the machines beside Momo's bed, and from the dim moonlight that shined through the cloudy sky just outside. Shouto cautiously made his way over to his girlfriend's side, taking a seat in the chair he had been sitting in before. His knee was relieved the second he sat and he felt the lingering ache of putting too much strain on himself.