Hospital

The monitor beeped, tracking her heart beat. An IV bag stood beside the beg and was connected to her bloodstream. Her breathing was shallow and she had an oxygen mask on her face to help her breathe. Pro Hero Creati had been severely injured in the line of duty.

The room she was in was empty, except for her and one other person. Shouto, her boyfriend and partner. He sat beside her bed, his eyes sore and his heart heavy. He had been at the scene with her when it happened. He got through it all with several new cuts and bruises, a broken wrist, a dislocated shoulder, and a shattered knee. Seeing the state of his girlfriend, he would've given anything for their places to be reversed. He was already recovering thanks to Recovery Girl, but Momo didn't have the stamina to receive any treatment from her yet.

Shouto reached out and gently held her cold hand in his, warming it slightly with his Quirk. "Momo... Please wake up soon... It's been two days... Wake up..."

Tears formed in his eyes at the thought of what had happened. That day flashed in his memory, not of the event that had caused her to be in her current state, but the memory of him holding her bleeding body. He had held her in his arms, too frightened to move her and have her bleed out. She had metal pole going through her side, lacerations all across her arms, several broken ribs and he feared she took a severe blow to the head...

Shouto let the tears fall from his eyes. They were swollen from days of crying. He didn't care who saw him like this, he couldn't control his emotions now no matter how much he wished he could..

"I need you to wake up, Momo," he sobbed, grasping her hand and kissing her bandaged knuckles. "I can't.. I don't know what to do..."

The room was silent, all except the steady beeping of the heart monitor and the cries of the Pro Hero. Two days of her being in a coma was too much for Shouto to handle. They had been Pros for three years and it was the first time that Momo had ended up hurt like this. He hated it. He hated the feeling of being truly helpless around her. There was literally nothing he could do but sit by her side and hope.

The room fell dark as night approached. Shouto had remained by her side all day rather than resting in his own room that was next door to hers. He was all out of tears and his swollen red eyes had gotten worse.. He felt weak and truly truly useless..

I understand that we're Heroes and this stuff happens.. But.. Why'd it have to happen to you..? he tiredly thought as he stared at Momo's unconscious face. I should've been by your side... If I was there then..

"If I was there with you..." Shouto choked up at his thoughts. He held his head in the palm of his scarred, bandaged hand as he tried not to cry again.

The door behind him slid open and a nurse came in. Her eyes fell to Shouto and Momo and she couldn't hide the sorrow in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Shouto, but we need you to return to your own room now," she said as she walked to the other side of Momo's bed. She made notes about her condition, writing down all the information that the doctors would need. "Visiting hours are over and you need to go and take your own medication," she spoke up again, glancing down at him.

Shouto gave Momo's hand a slight squeeze, desperately wishing she would return it. When she didn't he let out the breath he subconsciously was holding. "Yeah... Alright," he muttered as he released her hand.

The Hero reached for his crutch that was resting against the foot of the bed. Pain surged through his body and he grunted as he got to his feet, making sure he propped himself up with the crutch to keep his weight off of his healing knee.

The nurse observed him as he got to his feet. He was sweating and he couldn't hide the pained expression on his face. "This is what happens when you skip your doses," she informed him, walking back around the bed. "When's the last time you took your medicine?"