Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Muse

Start from the beginning

"I know that I mean he's one of my closest friends, after all...you've been treating him well?"

"Like a prince," Jungkook says with a goofy grin on his lips, and Yoongi laughs.

"I believe it. You can be really kind when you want to be... I will put in your official resignation from the site, okay? Just promise me you will take care of Taehyung," Yoongi says with a conviction in his voice that Jungkook completely understands. Taehyung hasn't had it easy. What with his family, abusive ex-boyfriend, and the stigma of his sexuality, Taehyung has been constantly beaten down and broken. Jungkook doesn't want to see that happen ever again. He wants to keep Taehyung happy and let him know that he is loved.

"I promise I'll take care of him. Trust me. The last thing I want is Taehyung in more pain..." Jungkook says with a yawn, "Also, if you need me to write something for the site, I will. I don't want to leave it all on you..." Jungkook adds, and Yoongi chuckles.

"You know I will never complain about less work. Send it to me whenever. I know this whole wedding thing is gonna keep ya busy, but the sooner the better, okay?"

"No worries, hyung. I will get it to you soon..." Jungkook mumbles, his eyes getting tired the longer he pets Taehyung and tries to keep up with Yoongi. And the man can tell.

"Sleep, Kook. I will talk to you later. Will you also tell Taehyung to call me one of these days? I miss the kid," Yoongi murmurs, and Jungkook lets out a soft laugh, trying not to be too loud since he doesn't want to wake up Taehyung.

"Sure, hyung. I'll have him check in with you tomorrow...well today...but later..." Jungkook says.

"Sounds good. Sleep well," Yoongi exclaims before a sharp beep in Jungkook's ear indicates the man hung up. Jungkook tosses his phone to the side and slides further down on the pillows, his hand trailing over Taehyung's back still. He leans down and kisses the top of Taehyung's head, his emotions overwhelming him slightly as Taehyung cuddles closer, finding his comfort and sanctuary in Jungkook's strong grip. Jungkook holds Taehyung close, his tired eyes falling slowly closed as sleep consumes him, the warmth radiating off of Taehyung's body luring him to deep and blissful sleep.

The next time Jungkook wakes up is when two very soft lips rest against his in a sleepy kiss. Jungkook smells Taehyung's fruity shampoo and fresh minty breath and he deepens the kiss, his hand wrapping around the back of Taehyung's neck as the freshly-showered boy squeaks against Jungkook's lips. When they break apart, Jungkook smiles a big goofy grin and opens his sleepy eyes to see a blushing Taehyung hovering above him.

"Now this is quite the view," Jungkook coyly purrs, enjoying how Taehyung flushes, even more, his blush creeping up his ears. Jungkook wraps his hands around Taehyung's waist, pulling the bashful boy closer to him.

"You wouldn't wake up, so I thought--"

"A kiss would break the spell?" Jungkook teases, laughing when Taehyung swats his chest, "Don't be shy, love. I enjoy being kissed awake by you," Jungkook adds with a yawn, stretching his long muscular limbs, "What time is it anyway?"

"Almost eleven. I wanted to let you sleep as long as possible, but we need to get ready to travel today..." Taehyung mumbles as he curls his legs to his chest. Jungkook takes this moment to look over Taehyung's outfit, his mouth gaping slightly when his eyes trace from Taehyung's light washed jeans, and black long-sleeve shirt tucked into his pants. The alluring part is the white-collar that sits open and exposes Taehyung's sharp collarbones, elegant neck, and a sliver of his smooth, hairless chest.