Chapter Eighteen: Kinda in Love

You'vegot your fucking proof that I'm happy with Taehyung. Now, please leave himalone.

Talia stares at the two of them. At the loving gaze in Taehyung's eyes while he stares up at Jungkook, at the way their fingers naturally weave together, at the way Jungkook barely gives her the time of day once he looks back down at Taehyung's puppy dog eyes. Her mouth hangs wide open with shock and jealousy before she finally snaps out of it. Her face screws up with disgust, eyes narrowing as she glares at Taehyung. She crosses her thin arms in front of her chest as Taehyung leans into Jungkook's grasp, using his comfort as strength so he can stare at Talia without fear. It doesn't matter that his heart is racing inside his chest or that his cheeks are crimson red from the kiss. He isn't going to show her any of his anxiety or panic. He'll only show her his happiness.

"You're disgusting, Taehyung. You're such a fucking piece of—"

"Please stop, Talia," Taehyung interrupts, interlacing his fingers with Jungkook's, "I know how you feel about me. I know you don't approve of me being gay. You never did. But I'm not a kid anymore. You can't bully me about something I've come to terms with. And Jungkook loves me. So please, leave me alone," Taehyung's words hold a power and conviction Jungkook has been waiting to hear. He's been wanting to see Taehyung's true strength, and here it is. He's finally able to stand up to his sister. Jungkook can't be prouder of him than he is now.

"You're such a disgrace—"

"And you sound like Mother. When you come up with new insults, come find me. In the meantime..." Taehyung turns to drag Jungkook out of the kitchen, leaving behind a gawking Talia, when his mother storms into the kitchen.

"Talia, dear, did you figure out the menu with—" she stops talking as soon as her eyes fall upon Taehyung and Jungkook, glaring when she spots their intertwined hands, "What are you two doing in here?"

"Mother, Taehyung sent the chef out of the kitchen. Can you believe it?" Talia cries.

"Taehyung, how could you?! Are you trying to delay these wedding plans? Look I know you're jealous of your sister—"

"Excuse me, Mrs. Harding, but I was the one that asked Chef to take a break. Not Taehyung," Jungkook interjects, his deep voice stern, yet calm, "I apologize if it is inconvenient, but the chef amicably agreed to it,"

"Of course he did; Taehyung has everyone wrapped around his finger," Talia grumbles, a pout on her lips like the spoiled brat she is. She crosses her arms over her chest and huffs, making Taehyung desperately want to roll his eyes at her.

"We aren't children anymore, Talia. Stop acting like such a brat. Chef likes me because I'm nice to him," Taehyung snaps, his hand clenching tighter to Jungkook's.

"You're nice to every fucking man you meet, you slut," Talia spits, and their mother glares at him.

"It's true. I've been hearing rumors about you in town, Taehyung. Have you no shame? Didn't you think about what that kind of reputation would do to your grandmother or your sister or—"

"Enough!" Ann Marie shouts from the doorway, her shoulders drawn back as she commands authority over the bickering group, the chef standing nervously behind her, his weathered features pulled taut with disappointment and concern, "Helen. Talia. What is the meaning of this?"

"Grandma, I came down here to speak to Chef about the menu for my wedding, and I found Taehyung and Jungkook making out instead. Isn't that disgusting?! I—"