"I am the second eldest of us siblings, Maline is fourth, Blue is the fifth. The one sitting on the rock is Pearl the first born" she then happily pointed beside the rock to where their last sibling hid from within the water.

"And finally our adorable youngest brother Jimin! He's a bit shy especially to strangers but once you get to know him, you'll absolutely be head over fins for him" Crystal stated.

"Well he is the handsomest Merman in the sea, Jiminie!! Why don't you go say hi to y/n?" Maline asked her brother who just hid himself more behind the rock, yet his eyes were glaring right at you like you were his prey.

You felt a little self conscious and embarrassed since he was a male and you were in your underwear. So you looked away from his glare trying your best to cover your chest from his line of sight.

"So Y/n do you have an owner? And what's your gender?"

You were taken Back the question but didn't want to seem weird so you answered the best way you could.

"Um no fortunately I don't have an owner and I'm a girl" Maline tilted her head in confusion.

"I thought every human has an owner" you let out an awkward laugh and shoke your head "sorry but no, I don't think Humans has to have an owner. Some of us are actually independent"

"Curious! Please tell us more!!" Blue's eyes sparkles like stars in the night sky but unfortunately that went away when Pearl spoke.

"Blue you know father will be mad at us for staying out this late. I think it's time to go now" she said jumping into the water, Blue and her two other sisters pouted.

"Aww.." Maline and Crystal said their goodbyes to you before following their eldest sister.

Blue huffed but turned to you with the look of hope in her eyes, "you are coming back tomorrow yeah?" She asked swimming closer to you.

You nodded smiling at her "don't worry I'll be here tomorrow, you can ask me anything that's not out of my knowledge that is.."

She clapped her hands excitedly "oh good! I can't wait, oh! I know let's make a promise" she said smiling.

You giggled nodding "sure" you said lifting up your pinkie finger thinking she was talking about a pinkie promise. But to your surprise she gently grabbed your cheeks and pulled you closer.

You squeaked feeling her lips against yours, your arms were on either side of you in an awkward position not knowing what to do.

A second letter she pulled away quickly licking her lips before showing you a toothy grin.

You turned a bright red moving away to create some space between you, you brought your fingers to touch your lips in surprise.

"There! we officially made a promise to each other!! I hope to see you tomorrow!!" She waved before diving into the water.

You stood there like a deer in the headlights, you don't really mind if someone showed affection or slight attraction to you, whether if its male, female or any mystical creature.

All you care about is if you like that person then you like them. But that isn't the reason to why you're so embarrassed and shocked about the kiss.