Chapter 17

I do NOT own divergent or any of the characters
NOW BACK TO THE STORY!!!!

I sigh as I lean back in my chair and slipping my phone into my pocket.

Lauren comes skipping in with a giant smile on her face "Guess what just happened?" She sings.

This is literally the first time I've seen Lauren happy. "What?" I sing back in the same tune she did it in.

"Tobias asked me out!"

"Good for you." I say rolling my eyes

"Okay so what dress should I wear?" She asks holding up a red strapless sparkly dress and a dark blue dress.

Tobias doesn't like any color dresses except for black and the occasional dark grey or sometime on rare occasions white.

"The blue one." I say.

She squeals then runs away.

'Wait since when did I become Lauren's personal stylist?' I ask my self.

I wait until she comes back to ask her a question.

"Umm... Lauren." I hesitantly say.

"Yes."

"Can I go now?" I ask.

"I'll let you go as long as you break up with Four."

I swallow hard before asking a second question.

"Can I still be friends with him?" I ask.

"Sure! I just don't want you in a relationship with him." she replies. "so do we have a deal?"

"but what happens if I don't breakup with him?" I ask
"I'll make sure one of you never ever sees one another ever again! And by one of you I mean you."
I agree to the deal and she lets me go and when I get outside I immediately breakdown into tears.

I sob while I walk home.

I get inside and the whole gang, my parents and the police are crowed in my living room. I got hugs and kisses and had to explain and show me he police what had happened, who did it and where.

When I get home I decide that it's time to tell Tobias that we need to breakup.
😝😝😝😝TRIS POV😝😝😝😝
"Toby. I have to tell you something privately."

He nods and follows me up to my room and I breakdown again.

He tries to comfort me but I just push him off.

"Tris what's wrong?" He asks with a look of worry.

"When I was talking to Lauren the only way she would let me go was if I promised to breakup with you. and I had no choice and we can't be together or else she will kidnap me forever or kill me literally!" I sob.

By now he's in tears too.

"I don't want to breakup with you but it's the only way I can keep us both alive." I cry.

"Are we allowed to be friends?" He asks

"Yeah.... but I wanna be more than friends." I cry even harder.

"Don't worry Tris. once the police straighten this out we can live happily ever after." he reassures me.

I nod and wipe the tears from my eyes I give him one last passionate kiss and then slip the promise ring off my finger and hand it to him.

"I love you Tris."

I weakly smile "I love you too Toby"
🍜🍜🍜TOBIAS POV🍜🍜🍜

She gets up and walk out the door. I sit on the floor of her room and count down the hours and minutes until I have to go out with Lauren. 1 hour & 24 minutes.

I zone out until the door of tris's room opens fast and Zeke, Uriah and Will rush in.

"Dude we're really sorry about what had to happen." Zeke says with a look of sincerity in his eyes.

"She did what she had to do to keep both of us safe." I sigh sadly.

"Don't worry it will get straightened out soon." Uriah says.

I don't say anything I just stay silent and think about what kind of train wreak this 'date' is going to be like. the only reason I asked Lauren out was to try to get tris back. but once tris came back I tried to cancel but she wouldn't let me.

The boys help me get ready for the date. When I walk downstairs I see tris on the couch with the girls trying to comfort her as she sobs. Marlene motions for me to go somewhere else before things get worse.

I decide I should just go and pick up Lauren.

I walk out to my car and drive over to her house and knock on the door.
😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
I'm really sorry it's short I just wanted to get this chapter out and I haven't really had any ideas lately so it would mean the world to me if you comment some.

I'll try to make next chapter longer

Stay classy😎

{~JFMB2203~}