Chapter 17: Fate

The doctor took a deep breath and I prepared myself for the worst.

"Boys, ma'am, I'm afraid to inform you that Mr. Curtis has no life threatening injuries, but since he has received a number of hard blows to the head, he's lost his memory from the past few days." My heart sank. What if he didn't remember what happened on New Year's?

"D-does he remember me?" I asked, praying he did.

"Ashley?" he asked, and I nodded. The doctor nodded back at me. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Can we see him?" Darry asked.

"Of course, room 247." I raced down the hall, making sure I didn't pass Pony's room. 239, 241, 243, 245, 247! I walked in slowly and saw Pony laying on the bed with his eyes closed. He had a bandage wrapped around his stomach, and a few band aids in various places.

"Pony?" I whispered. His eyes opened.

"Ash?" he whispered back. He pulled himself up slowly and swung his feet over the side of the bed. He gingerly stepped down and I enveloped him a giant hug. I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes and looked up to see Pony tearing up too. I leaned up on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his.

"I never thought I'd get to do that again," I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Me too," he said, kissing my forehead.

"Please, never leave me. I'm never letting you go again, I love you too much to let it happen," I said, looking up into his eyes.

"I'm not planning on leaving for a long time baby. I love you so much more," he replied, and tilted my chin to kiss me again. Soda and Darry walked in as we broke away, and rushed over to hug Pony too. By the end of our visit, we'd all cried and laughed.

"So how much longer until I'm outta this dump?" Pony asked Darry.

"The doc said you could come home tomorrow if your vitals are all good," Darry said, pulling out a paper from his pocket and looking it over. I yawned and stretched my arms out. I looked over at the clock and saw it was nearly 1 in the morning. No wonder I was tired. We decided to leave and before I left, I gave Pony one more kiss and said,

"You little shit, you. You've stolen my heart." He smiled at me and said back,

"You're all the same to blame sweetheart, it seems you've stolen mine too." I went to sleep that night smiling, thinking of how I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this boy. Little did I know, he was thinking the exact same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to an empty house again, go figure, but they'd actually left me a note this time.

Ashley, Darry and I went to pick up Pony and run a few errands, be back soon.
~Soda

I walked to the fridge and pulled out a couple of eggs and began frying them for myself. I flipped on the tv to a random channel just for some background noise. I ate my eggs quickly and went to shower. I'd just finished getting dressed when I heard the door open.

"Hellooo?" I called, hoping it was the boys.

"Ashley?" I heard Pony call. I ran down the steps and flung my arms around his neck.

"Nice to see you too," he chuckled. He had on a really nice outfit; a pair of dress pants and a dark blue dress shirt. I looked around, not seeing Darry or Soda anywhere, when I noticed the bouquet of roses on the table.

"Pony? What's going on?" I asked curiously. All he did was smile and me and bend down on one knee. Holy shit, I thought, and put my hands over my mouth.

"Ashley Rose Randle, where do I even begin? You are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. I've liked you since the day I met you and that liking intensified into love. When you left, I thought I'd lost my chance to be with you, and when you came back, I knew that now was my chance. I love you with all my heart and soul, and if you don't mind me asking, will you marry me?" He pulled a box out of his pocket and opened it, showing a ring nearly identical to our promise ones, but instead of words it had a diamond.

"Yes! A million times yes!" I cried and tackled him to the ground as the gang burst in through the door. They clapped and cheered as Pony slid the ring onto my finger and kissed me.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," he whispered back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Thank you everyone for reading! Im so excited this story has almost 600 reads and 70 votes!! Since this story seems to be coming to a close, comment if you'd rather me do:

●a sequel for this story
●a new story
●or some imagines and preferences
Again, thank you to everyone!
~Stay gold♡☆