Chapter 8: Cornered

As Dally slid himself in through the window, I tried to be as still as possible, and make it seem like I was sleeping. I tried not to shudder when Dally pulled my hair back behind my ear and whispered,

"You're all mine now, broad, I've finally got you to myself." I tried to stay calm, but I couldn't as Dally pulled back the covers.

"You may be smart mouthed and rude, but you got a nice bod," he said, tracing a finger up my leg to my shoulder. I shivered and Dally must have noticed.

"Wake up, it's time to have some fun," he said, and as I opened my eyes, he grinned the most evil grin I'd ever seen.

"P-please Dally, d-don't touch me," I whimpered. He just laughed and shook his head. He grabbed a rag from his pocket and shoved it in my mouth, then grabbed my wrists and pinned me down. I tried to scream through the rag, but it didn't work. Dally was working my pants off when Soda burst into the room. Dally bolted off me and out the window, moving faster than I'd ever seen. I pulled the rag out of my mouth and gagged, then yanked my pants back up.

"S-soda?" I whispered.

"Yeah Ashley?" he said.

"Can you stay with me tonight? Just in case Dally comes back?" I said, pulling the covers over myself again.

"Of course Ash," he said, patting my head. He crawled in beside me and I soon fell into a dreamless sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke to the smell of pancakes coming from downstairs, and smiled, but then remembered the situation I was in. Pony and Johnny were out hiding somewhere, and Dally couldn't stay away. I got out of bed and went to my room to get dressed, and found a note on the door. I picked it off and opened it, and found it was in Pony's handwriting.

Dear Ash,
I know Johnny and I left rather quick last night, but I still wanted to say that I love and miss you so much. We should be back in about week, maybe less, until the press and court forget about this whole thing. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.
Love,
Ponyboy

I smiled at the note, then wondered who'd put it there. It couldn't have been anyone but Dally, he must've been the one Pony and Johnny went to. I walked into my room to finish my original task; getting dressed. Since it was rather warm today, I put on some lighter, black shorts, and one of Pony's red cut off shirts. When I walked downstairs, all eyes turned to me, crap.

"What happened last night?" Steve asked me.

"Why dontcha ask Soda, huh?" I said, grabbing a plate of pancakes and sitting down. I started eating right away, I was starved after last night. Just then, Soda burst in through the door, shouting,

"Ponyboy and Johnny! They're gone!" he said, gasping. He must have ran all the way here.

"Wait, what?!" Darry said, whirling around.

"Lookit the paper," Soda said, grabbing it off the table and shoving it at Darry. I read the front page over his shoulder, and I wasn't real shocked. It said that Bob Sheldon had been murdered by Johnny, and helped by Ponyboy. Then it was the part that shocked me; they were on their way to Texas.

"T-Texas?!" I said a little too loud. I thought they would've hid out at Buck's place or somewhere close.

"I can't believe this.." Darry said, rubbing his eyes.

"When do you think they'll be back?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the picture of Pony in the paper.

"I don't know kid, I could talk to Dally about it after work today," Soda said.

"Okay, thanks Soda," I said, managing a small smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Later in the day*
I spent the rest of the moping around the house, until Soda came home. With Dally. Great.

"Hey everyone! Dally's got some news for us!" Soda called, drawing everyone from where they were in the house.

"What is it?" Darry asked, walking downstairs. Soda gave Dally a look telling him to talk.

"I know where Johnny and Ponyboy are. They really aren't going to Texas, that was just a lie I told the paper when they questioned me with the police," he said, looks of relief coming over everyone. Except me, why would Dally lie? I raced up to my room, so many questions rushing through my head. I sat my bed, head in my hands, when I heard someone walk in.
Dally.

"Hey kid, Soda told me you might want some answers," he said, looking at me.

"Why are suddenly being nice to me and not trying to get in my pants?" I asked quietly. He chuckled,

"Not those kind of questions kid, about Johnnycake and Ponyboy."

"Oh. Why'd you lie about where they are?" I asked, still not so sure about Dally.

"I'm not gonna tell the fuzz where they are, stupid. I had to throw them off their trail somehow," he said, looking ready to get out of here.

"Oh, well, thanks. I need some time to think," I said, turning my back to him. I heard Dally turn around, and thought he'd left until I heard the lock click on my door. I turned slowly,

"I thought you'd somehow changed.." I said, fearing what was coming next.

"Heh, you should know babe, I'm neva nice," Dally said, pinning me down against the bed. Before I could even say anything, another rag was shoved in my mouth, and Dally's hand was up my shirt.

*Darry's POV*
I knew something was up after Dally was upstairs with Ashley after 15 minutes. I walked up the stairs and saw Ashley's door closed, I rushed to it, anduI saw it was locked. Shit, I didn't want to have break down the door, but Ashley must be in trouble. I kicked it in, and saw Dally leaning over Ashley in only his boxers, and Ashley's shirt and pants laying on the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING DALLAS?!" I shouted, and he pulled off Ashley. I heard pounding on the steps as Soda, Two Bit, and Steve came running. I grabbed Dally by the shoulder and slugged him across the face. Soda and Steve ran to Ashley and helped her up and got her dressed. Two Bit kicked Dally in the side, as he was already down. All you could hear was Ashley's crying. Soda was trying to calm her down and she said,

"I need Pony. I can't live without him." Then she burst into a fresh set of tears.