"You know me better than that, Carmell." My brother addressed the lawyer.

Her lawyer chuckled, "Ms. Charles expressed to me that this would be your reaction but I wrote up the contract anyway to cover all bases. Your sister, Leanna Donovan, has been sent a contract as well with a detailed letter about it's purpose per Ms. Charles' request."

Great. Now I'll never hear the end of this and none of my siblings are on my side.

"About your parents." Two more papers materialize. "Ms. Charles has informed me that she's only met them once but they too have the opportunity to be in the child or children's lives. Here are the contracts of both of your parents to sign should they choose to never want to be grandparents to Ms. Charles child or children."

I take the papers, knowing my parents will never know about the child Renee carries so them seeing these papers is a no go. I'll have to sign for them. "Is that is?"

"Yes Mr. Donovan that's it. You can go over the papers with your lawyer, sign the ones you choose, and ask me or Ms. Charles any questions."

My lawyer goes over the paperwork, explains them to me and urges me to sign based on what I've already told him I want. "The hush agreement includes silence about the Paternity test and it's results?" I ask Steve, my lawyer in a hushed tone.

"Yes. You can't tell anyone, she can't tell anyone, on one in this room can tell anyone. If someone on her side says anything, she'll be charged with a fine. If anyone on your side says anything, you pay a fine."

"What about Alex? He's my family but he's dating her."

"Until he marrys her, Alex is on your side of this."

"Alex doesn't know yet but I plan to tell him after this meeting." Renee says, then looks at Nathan, "I'd appreciate it if you could come over and help me explain all this to him."

Nathan nodds. "Yeah, I'll follow you guys home."

Alex is gonna kick my ass.

"Oh and Mr. Donovan", Renee's lawyer calls, "the breaking of any of these contracts will cost you a fine of ten million dollars, each."

When everything is signed and copied, we went our separate ways. Renee thanks her lawyer, Carmell Jones, and leaves with Andre and Nathan, looking like a united front.

***

Renee

I'm flying solo, well, not completely solo, I still have my friends, Andre and Nathan. What I mean is that I'm single. After my meeting with Matthew about the babies, I decided to tell Alex about him being the father.

***

"Hey, I'm home!" I shouted as I entered Alex's house to which I noow have a key to.

"Hey, Babies", Alex said as he walked out of his bedroom. Completely ignoring Andre and Nathan, he gave me a deep kiss and then got on his knees and kissed my belly, whispering to the babies.

Babies. I still hadn't told Alex I'm having twins.

"Babe, we need to talk." I pulled away as Alex stood.

"I don't like the sound of that."

I let out a nervous laugh. "I have news. Um, let's go to the living room and talk."

Everyone followed me, I sat in the arm chair, while Alex, Nathan and Andre shared to long five people couch, Nathan and Andre sitting on either side of him.

"Alright, give it to me."

"I had a meeting today, with the babies father. I took Andre with me because there were papers he needed to sign. Nathan was there too."

"Why didn't you ask me to go?" Alex asked.

"It was nothing personal, I just didn't think he'd walk out alive if you came to the meeting. Now let me finish. My lawyer and friend Carmell, remember her?"

"Uh, yes, she came to dinner two nights ago to give you something, right?"

"Right, she wrote up a bunch of documents for me, a paper saying we will take a paternity test, a hush agreement for him, I, my side of this and his side, and documents giving up his paternal rights. He signed all of them."

"Can you tell me who the father is? I mean with all this paperwork."

"Yes, that was added into the agreement and he's allowed to tell his significant other as well if he so chooses."

"So when will you be ready to tell me?"

"I'm ready now, this is was I as waiting for."

"Okay, just know that I'm really falling for you, so no matter who the father is, I won't leave your side." Alex sits before my chair, grabs my hand and kisses it.

I take a deep breathe and tell him, "Matthew, your brother, is the father. I met him at the team party and I was a little tipsy. I wasn't in love with him and I didn't know who he was at the time. I didn't know who he was until I told him I was pregnant. I definitely didn't know he had a girlfriend cause I'm not that kind of girl. I wanted to have sex that night and he was there and seemed like a decent person. I won't say I regret it because these babies mean everything to me right now but I wish it had been you." I finished.

Alex watched me for a beat. And then he stood up, walked to the wall, and punch it. "What the fuck! You and Matthew, that prick! You slept with him, my brother, you whore!" By this time, Andre was getting ice and a towel for Alex's bloodied knuckles and Nathan was standing a little in front of me, in case hitting the wall wasn't enough for him.

I sat there silently, letting him berate. Not because I believed his words but because I understood his need to let it out.

"How could you! You let him put his penis inside you, his baby!"

"Babies", I sighed, "I'm having twins."

"Twins!"

Crash, bang!

Alex started knocking the vase of flowers and magazine and remotes off the table in the living.

"I can't believe this shit, I really can't!" He started to laugh sarcastically. I almost had to take care of his babies. God, that son of a bitch! After everything that bastards put me through, he was gonna let me raise his kids for him." Alex shakes his head.

I tried to not let his words effect me because I know he's speaking out of anger. But I can't take anymore, he makes it seem like Matthew and I were plotting against him and I hate how his words make me feel. Worthless. Dirty. So I grab my thing and walk out without so much as a word. I realized Andre followed me when he catches up but Nathan is still inside, supposedly gving Alex a piece of his mind.

"Well that went worse than I thought it would." I laugh sadly as I wipe my tears.

***

Authors Note:

Hello to everyone reading, I'm Kendall and this is my first story ever. I don't know what I'm doing...literally. I know nothing about baseball, cooking, or babies but I hope those reading enjoy my story and please comment!

I don't like re-reading what I write so if there are mistakes or something is unclear let me know.

Thank you for reading, commenting, and following me!