Gronder Field, Part One:

Start from the beginning

Wait... Is that smoke? Byleth squinted to find where it was coming from. She came to the realization of what was about to happen, "Watch out" Byleth shouted as the fire came raining down from the sky.

She was lucky, none of it managed to hit her, but that wasn't the same for everyone.

The grass crunched behind Byleth, she turned to face Claude. He grimaced at the sight on the ground where the fallen soldiers laid, their corpses burning.

The smell of burning bodies filled the air.

This is war, as a mercenary Byleth understood this but... Did that really justify it?

"As big class reunions go..." Claude began while still looking at the bodies that littered the floor, "This one's gotta be the worst in History" he sighed.

Byleth nodded in agreement and begun to unsheathe the sword of the creator, then took to a readying stance.

Now they just wait for Claude's signal. Byleth looked over at him, Claude stood there for a moment then looked to Byleth "Guide us well my friend" he said then rose his hand.

The men behind them fell silent.

Any moment now.

Claude's hand came down and motioned for them to move forward, the soldiers went running in the direction of battle, Claude stood a moment then followed gripping Failnaught tightly at his side and began running alongside the army.

Byleth followed as well.

The soldiers proceeded onward, Byleth, Claude and the others stopped at the planned area. Now that they had a general idea of where everyone was, they needed instruction on what to so.

They gathered in front of one of the bridges that had a bit of coverage by the nearby forested area. "Dimitri... He still doesn't look interested in joining forces with us" Claude said.

Byleth nodded, that meant they would have to fight.

"Alright, everyone here is what we are going to do" Byleth began, "The bridge furthest to the left, over there" she said while pointing "Bernadetta, Caspar, Hilda, and Yuri are taking it" she said, "Follow Yuri's lead, do not kill any of the Blue Lions unless absolutely necessary" she added.

The four of them grouped together, "Worry not my friend" Yuri said with a smile "I'll make sure everyone makes it home" he added.

Byleth nodded, Yuri's words put her at ease. "Claude, Lorenz, and Marianne will take this bridge" she said, "And the bridge over there to the right, Ferdinand, Lysithea, and myself will be taking" she added. "Any questions?" Byleth asked.

The group was silent for a moment, then Bernadetta piped in "What happens if we come across Dimitri?" she asked nervously.

"Run like hell" Hilda shouted out.

Byleth nodded, "Agreed" she said "try not to engage in battle with Dimitri, he is a fierce opponent" she added. "Alright everyone, let's move out and win this battle" Byleth said and began to head through the forested area to reach the other bridge.

Byleth, Ferdinand, and Lysithea were about to exit through the forested area, "Wait" Lysithea whispered and grabbed both Byleth and Ferdinand's arms. "Two Paladins" she said quietly and gestured to them.

"I'll draw their attention, then you two jump in" Byleth said then jumped up and ran out of the forest and in the sight of the paladins, she rose the sword of the creator then lunged at the nearest one.

She fought with the Paladin for a while, then Ferdinand and Lysithea jumped into the fight, taking down the other paladin while Byleth slain the one she was fighting.