Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

"You'll be lucky if she lets you live," Klaus adds in with a smirk.

Pushing between the hybrids, Hayley's face contorts with anger. "You said you would protect me."

The pair turn to watch her walk away. "And we will," Klaus responds. "Just as soon as you tell me everything you know about Katarina."

It's still strange to Arabella that Katherine Pierce is actually Katarina Petrova. Katherine has been running away going by an alias for years. She might have to change it soon, considering that Klaus now knows what she goes by.

Hayley eyes the pair skeptically, unsure if she can trust them. Arabella doesn't quite blame her, considering that Klaus is trying to kill Tyler and she doesn't know about Arabella's true motivations. If Arabella wants her dead, she could always wait until she gives them information.

Arabella is losing patience. Either Hayley comes with them to be protected in exchange for information, or they can leave her behind. Whatever happens doesn't directly involve her.

Giving Hayley a lippy smile, Arabella uncrosses her arms. "Look, you can either come with us or you can get killed by whatever other vampire assailant is hiding in the darkness." She turns her gaze to Klaus, who is smirking down at her. He has surprise in his eyes. He obviously did not expect this behavior from her, but Arabella just wants to go home. "Either option you choose doesn't matter to me."

Rolling her eyes, Hayley crosses her arms. "Fine," she responds. "Let's just hurry up before any of them get any ideas."

They both watch the wolf girl begin to walk away from them before sharing a look. Klaus lifts his eyebrows at Arabella with a smirk. "I do quite admire your methods," he admits.

Shaking her head, Arabella bites her tongue to hide her smile. "Just walk to the car, love," Arabella responds in a fake accent.

She begins to walk towards the car, following after Hayley. "Are you mocking me?" Klaus asks from the distance. In a flash, he has her pinned against a silver semi-truck. "You should know I loathe to be mocked."

A smirk grows across Arabella's face as she stares into Klaus's blue eyes. She eyes him up and down while placing a hand on his chest. "You loathe a lot of things." Making eye contact, Arabella leans closer to him. Her smile grows as she brings her mouth closer to Klaus's. There's still blood on his lips. "But not as much as I loathe the stench of truckers," she whispers inches away from his mouth.

Gently pushing Klaus away from her, Arabella lifts her eyebrows at him while backing away. She knows that she is teasing him, but she also knows that Klaus likes the thrill of a chase.

Grinning widely, Klaus follows her and Hayley towards their car.

*****

Klaus has been trying to kill Hayley with kindness since they brought her into his home. He wants information on Katherine so much that he's allowing her to do whatever she pleases.

Arabella would be lying if she claimed to not be jealous.

She distinctly remembers when Klaus was showering her with food and wine. When he was displaying his affection in the best way he could without touching her. Is this how Klaus treats all of the women that enter his life? Does he give them nice meals and aged wine?