Chapter 40: Thomas

Start from the beginning

Jane: I'm so glad you're all back!

Anna: How'd you all escaped- no- answer that later- Are you guys okay??

Mezza: W-we think so, but I don't know about Roy, he got most of the beatings-

Roy: Mez, hush-

Janie: No, you really did got more pain than we do, so stop refusing!

Roy: Alright, jeez.

Jane: That jerk, everything is going to be okay, you're all here now, say, where did he kept you?

The three had these worried faces and they kept glancing at eachother.

Roy: Well, uhm..

Jane: Henry.

Roy: Huh?-

Jane: Did he threaten you?

Roy frowned and slowly nodded.

Jane: ..It's fine, we'll wait till you're ready to tell us, just come in and sit down while I get the aid kit, okay?

Roy: Okay..

Jane was about to get up but Roy hugged her.

Roy: ..

Jane: Roy?

Roy: Thank you.. for everything.

Roy pulled away and walked to the couch, followed by Mez and Janie, Jane smiled and went off to the bathroom.

Mae: Are you guys okay?

Mezza: Got kidnapped, and then got freed a few hours later? Yeah.

Janie: Mez!

Mezza: What?

Roy: Why would he do that though? What's the point of kidnapping three kids if you're just going to let them go?

Mezza: Maybe he's just bored or maybe because he has no life-

Janie: There should be an exceptional reason, right?

Mezza: FBI-

Mae: FBI?

Roy: ... Unless.

Roy stood up, a look of realization on his face.

Roy: Unless we're just bait..

Anne: What do you mean..?

Anne walked closer to the couch and leaned on it.

Roy: I mean what if he was just using us for bait? Like he's trying to lure someone.. It can't be Aunt Jane since she's here, it must be someone who is in contact with him..

Anne paused for a moment before her face slowly starts to form a shocked expression.

Anne: Cathy..

Anna: Eh?

Anne: I-it all makes sense.. That's why she was acting strange earlier, that's why she left all of the sudden..

Kitty: Anne, I think I'm following.

Anne: Kit, was she on a hurry when she left?

Kitty: Definitely, yeah and she was hiding something in her pocket as well..

Anne: What if she went there..-

Mezza: We haven't seen her when he kicked us out..

Janie: We were in blindfolds remember..?

At this moment, Anne shot off the couch with a terrified expression and sprinted pass Jane, hurrying to put on her shoes, grabbing her metal bat in the process.