Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots

Start from the beginning

“Should I show you to your room Liberty?” I looked around Logan to see Clint giving me a warm smile. He stood up from the arm of the couch and walked over to me. I smiled up at him and stood up in front of him.

“please.” He nodded and walked a head of me; I looked at Eric over my shoulder to see his bright blue eyes trailing after me. I turned away from him and looked at Clint’s uniform clad back.

“Meet me in my room in thirty minutes.” I told Eric mentally as I continued to follow Clint to my new living space. Eric wanted to talk to me, and so he would. Clint stopped outside an opaque white glass door with my initials written in black on the glass “LD”.

“This is your room Liberty; Tony made it just for you. The glass door and walls are lined with a very thin layer of Adamantium, should keep most of the mental buzz out apparently.” Clint shrugged and kept his boyish smile on his lips.

“He did that just for me?” Clint nodded and scratched the back of his head; I looked at Clint with wide eyes as his mile grew wider.

“Yeah, he researched it and everything, even talked to Logan once about how Charles Xavier couldn’t get into his mind because of his plated skull.” Clint knocked don his own head to exaggerate the point.

“I’ll have to thank him when he wakes up.” Clint smiled and scratched the back of his head again. He cleared his throat and smiled at me again.

“I guess I should leave you too it.” I smiled graciously at him, as I twisted the door knob and placed one foot over the threshold.

“Please.” Clint nodded and walked backwards until he swiftly turned when he met the middle of the hallway. I chuckled and stepped fully into the room. Before I closed the glass door I heard Clint’s thoughts and they brought a large smirk to my lips.

“Jesus, she’s changed a lot, not in a bad way though, no way in a bad way she looks good. I wonder how old she is now. Is she like twenty-one forever or will she get older? Because she looks more mature, but you know she still looks twenty-one its weird but in a good way, because god she’s looking good.” I chuckled as I closed the Adamantium laced door, and ripped away the already badly torn clothing that was barely holding itself together. If floated away in a gold haze leaving my naked.

I looked down at my body to see small yellowing bruises and a long silver scar across my stomach from that offending piece of glass. I looked around the room as I soon covered my naked body with a floor length ivy green kimono with a silver serpent embroidered across the back and over the breasts of the kimono. I tied the black silk sash and walked toward another glass door in the room, this one was translucent but not completely transparent as the glass blurred the view from behind the door. I opened the door to see a standalone bath and a separate shower partition.

I walked up to the bath and twisted on the water fall taps and watched the water quickly flow from them. I placed my fingers gently under the water and felt it heat up quickly against my skin. I sighed as I sat there watching the bath fill and my finger dance along the falling water. Soon my fingers were trailing over the bath water’s surface. I pulled away my kimono and let it pool around my ankles. I stepped into the almost scalding water, the water left my skin a red colour as I submerged my body but soon it turned back to its normal pallor as I adjusted to the heat.

I breathed in deeply allowing the heavy steam of the room to fill my senses. I relaxed against the arch of the bath tub and sighed. I slid my body down the arch of the bath and submerged my whole body in the bath. Let all of the air escape my lungs as I lay there underneath the pressure of the water, I opened my eyes as I could feel the warm water naturally pull away the dirt and grime away from my skin. Soon my lungs began to burn; I pulled myself out of the deep water and took in a deep breath. I chuckled and slicked my hair back, and smiled to myself. Suddenly a loud knock filled the main room and entered the bath room. I quickly pulled myself away from the cooling water and repelled the water off my body, leaving me dry, and presentable, expect for the whole naked aspect.

I grabbed the kimono and wrapped it quickly around my body. I heard the door knob turn as I tied the sash around my waist, the lock system clicked open. I lunged out of the bathroom and gestured towards the door nod with my hand and pulled it towards me opening the room door quickly. I fluffed up my hair and smiled at Eric.

He looked down at his door knob-less hand and then looked at me with his piercing blue eyes. He didn’t say a single word as he stepped over the threshold of my room. He walked further in my room leaving the door open. I was about to magnetically shut it until he quickly slammed it using his own powers of magnetism. Within thirty minutes he had changed his blue jeans and shirt into a new burgundy shit this time it was open collared showing small silver hairs on his chest, and the lines of defined pectorals. I pulled my eyes away from his obvious muscular features and saw he was now wearing a pair of black pinstriped slacks.

I met his light blue eyes as I tightened the silk sash around my waist. His gaze made me feel uncomfortable, it made me feel hot and bothered, and I didn’t like it. I cleared my throat and looked at Eric Lehnsherr with narrowed eyes.

“So what did you want to talk about?” I asked as I sat down on my new bed. I sighed as I pulled my hand across the black satin sheets. He took on step from the center of my room, to reach me. He stood there tall in front of me.

“Bruce Banner decided to tell ma and Logan about you encounter with Hydra.” I looked up at him curiously with one raise eye brow as I crossed one leg over another and resting and chin on an arm balanced on the knee.

“And?” I asked as I walked over to a floor to ceiling length mirror in the corner of the room. I dragged a finger over my bottom lip painted it a deep blood red, and I dragger another finger over the sculpted shape of my top lips drenching it in the same colour. I smacked my lips together, and looked suspiciously at my own reflection, I looked behind my reflection to meet Eric Lehnsherr gaze.

“Why didn’t you mention it? Or even once bring it up?” I sighed and twisted away from the mirror. How did he even have the nerve to ask me questions like this? I wonder why I didn’t tell anyone about it? I don’t know. Maybe it was because I died multiple times during that part of my life and I don’t find it pleasant to constantly relive it.

“Because it’s a sensitive subject.” I said coldly as I turned back towards the mirror, I pulled away the sash of my kimono and watched as the kimono slid down my body it revealed a cream silk blouse, a pair of blue skinny jeans and a pair of black fur lined ankle boots. I buttoned dup the cuffs of my blouse and tugged them down.

“So is the death of my first child but you still saw that didn’t you?” he growled, I ran my hand over my pale face and twisted around. I placed my hands on my hips and scowled at him. It comes with the territory, when I touch people I see their whole lives within seconds, he took that risk and I paid for it.

“That was your fault, it comes with my powers, and you risked me seeing your past by just even touching me! I showed you what you wanted form me, you saw my heartbreaking life with Loki, I’m sorry I saw your daughter die, but seeing me die multiple times would not be your cup of tea.” Towards the end my voice grew quiet, as I looked away from Eric. I could feel it all over again, and god it burned, it itched, it sliced and it gutted me. I wrapped my arms around myself unconsciously.

I heard the bed spring quietly relax as Eric removed himself from the bed. I didn’t look at him, hoping he would leave me to wallow in self-pity. And he did.

I heard the door open and slam close, leaving me all alone. I dropped to my knees on the plush carpeted ground and slummed to my side, and watched as those all too familiar black spots engulfed my vision as the memory of that buried pain resurfaced rearing its ugly head and making me relive the part of my life I most feared, once again.